Affiliation: Flinders University
- A randomised controlled trial of the Flinders Program™ of chronic condition management in Vietnam veterans with co-morbid alcohol misuse, and psychiatric and medical conditionsMalcolm W Battersby
Department of Psychiatry, Flinders University, Adelaide, SA 5001, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 47:451-62. 2013..This clinical approach has the potential to bridge the gap between physical and mental illness service delivery for people with long-term conditions in Australia...
- The South Oaks Gambling Screen: a review with reference to Australian useMalcolm W Battersby
Flinders University, South Australia
J Gambl Stud 18:257-71. 2002..An alternative approach to the development of an instrument to detect people who have problems in relation to gambling is proposed...
- SA HealthPlus: a controlled trial of a statewide application of a generic model of chronic illness careMalcolm Battersby
Flinders Human Behavior and Health Research Unit, Flinders University, Australia
Milbank Q 85:37-67. 2007..A mid-trial review found that health benefits from coordinated care depended more on patients' self-management than the severity of their illness, a factor leading to the Flinders Model of Self-Management Support...
- A risk worth takingMalcolm Battersby
Research Unit, Flinders University, GPO Box 2100, Adelaide 5001, South Australia
Chronic Illn 2:265-9. 2006
- Twelve evidence-based principles for implementing self-management support in primary careMalcolm Battersby
Flinders Human Behaviour and Health Research Unit, Margaret Tobin Centre, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 36:561-70. 2010..On the basis of these reviews, evidence-based principles for self-management support were developed...
- Health reform through coordinated care: SA HealthPlusMalcolm W Battersby
Flinders Human Behaviour and Health Research Unit, Flinders University, GPO Box 2100, Adelaide, SA 5001, Australia
BMJ 330:662-5. 2005
- Community models of mental care warrant more governmental supportMalcolm W Battersby
Flinders Human Behaviour and Health Research Unit, Flinders University, Bedford Park, 5042, SA, Australia
BMJ 329:1140-1. 2004
- An integrative assessment of brain and body function 'at rest' in panic disorder: a combined quantitative EEG/autonomic function studyVikki Wise
The Centre for Military and Veterans Health, School of Population Health and Clinical Practice, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Int J Psychophysiol 79:155-65. 2011....
- Treatment outcomes and predictors of drop out for problem gamblers in South Australia: a cohort studyDavid Smith
Margaret Tobin Centre, Flinders Human Behaviour and Health Research Unit, Department of Psychiatry, Flinders University GPO BOX 2100, Adelaide, South Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 44:911-20. 2010..The aims of this study were two-fold: to analyse the short and mid-term outcomes following treatment provided by SGTS and to identify factors associated with treatment drop-out...
- The mental health expert patient: findings from a pilot study of a generic chronic condition self-management programme for people with mental illnessSharon Lawn
Flinders Human Behaviour and Health Research Unit, Adelaide, Australia
Int J Soc Psychiatry 53:63-74. 2007..Less than optimal outcomes and escalating costs for chronic conditions including mental illness have prompted calls for innovative approaches to chronic illness management...
- Chronic condition management and self-management in Aboriginal communities in South Australia: outcomes of a longitudinal studyPeter W Harvey
Margaret Tobin Centre, Flinders University, Flinders Drive, Bedford Park, Australia
Aust Health Rev 37:246-50. 2013..The study was designed to document the connection between the application of structured systems of care for Aboriginal people and their longer-term health status...
- A response to intractability--a way forwardMalcolm Battersby
Research Unit, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia
Chronic Illn 1:21-3; discussion 28-9. 2005
- The internal consistency and construct validity of the partners in health scale: validation of a patient rated chronic condition self-management measureJohn Petkov
Centre for Regional Engagement, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Whyalla, SA, Australia
Qual Life Res 19:1079-85. 2010..The purpose of this study was to test the internal consistency and construct validity of the revised 12-item self-rated Partners in Health (PIH) scale used to assess patients' chronic condition self-management knowledge and behaviours...
- Coordinated care in the management of patients with unexplained physical symptoms: depression is a key issueRene G Pols
Flinders Human Behaviour and Health Research Unit, Flinders University, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Med J Aust 188:S133-7. 2008..To evaluate the diagnosis of patients with somatisation disorders in primary care, and the effectiveness of coordinated care and evidence-based care planning on psychiatric symptoms and quality of life for these patients...
- e-Learning competency for practice nurses: an evaluation reportMarie Heartfield
Flinders Human Behaviour and Health Research Unit, The Margaret Tobin Centre, Flinders University, PO Box 2100, Adelaide, SA 5001, Australia
Aust J Prim Health 19:287-91. 2013..Merely providing practice nurses with necessary information via web-based learning systems does not ensure successful learning or progress toward improving health outcomes for patients. ..
- Protocol for a randomised controlled trial of chronic disease self-management support for older Australians with multiple chronic diseasesRichard L Reed
Discipline of General Practice, Flinders University Health Sciences Building, Level 3, Registry Road, Bedford Park, South Australia, 5042, Australia
Contemp Clin Trials 32:946-52. 2011..Findings are expected to guide consumers, clinicians and policymakers in the use of CDSMS, as well as facilitate prioritisation of public monies towards evidence-based services...
- Behavioural psychotherapy training for nurses in Australia: a trainee's viewJane Oakes
Centre for Anxiety and Related Disorders, Department of Psychiatry, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, Australia
Int J Ment Health Nurs 11:139-41. 2002..A brief description of the training, outcome of patient case management and skills acquisition achieved through training is presented...
- Chronic condition self-management support: proposed competencies for medical studentsRene G Pols
Flinders Human Behaviour and Health Research Unit, Margaret Tobin Centre, Flinders University, GPO Box 2100, Adelaide, SA 5001, Australia
Chronic Illn 5:7-14. 2009..In this context, doctors will need to have knowledge and skills in effective chronic condition management (CCM) and chronic condition self-management (CCSM)...
- The effectiveness of coordinated care for people with chronic respiratory diseaseBrian J Smith
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, 28 Woodville Road, Woodville, Adelaide, SA 5011, Australia
Med J Aust 177:481-5. 2002..To evaluate the effectiveness of coordinated care for chronic respiratory disease...
- Event-related potential and autonomic signs of maladaptive information processing during an auditory oddball task in panic disorderVikki Wise
The Centre for Military and Veterans Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, Level 2, 122 Frome Street, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Int J Psychophysiol 74:34-44. 2009..These disturbances likely contribute to patients' aversive outcomes in stimulus-rich environments...
- Exposure therapy for problem gambling via Videoconferencing: a case reportJane Oakes
Flinders Therapy Service for Problem Gamblers, Centre for Anxiety and Related Disorders, Flinders Medical Centre, Flinders University, Bedford Park, 5042, South Australia
J Gambl Stud 24:107-18. 2008..The implications of using this modality for the treatment of rural patients with problem gambling is discussed...
- Chronic condition self-management: is there a need for a specific curriculum for medical students?Rene G Pols
Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Med Educ 40:719-21. 2006