Linda M Fletcher
- Excess alcohol greatly increases the prevalence of cirrhosis in hereditary hemochromatosisLinda M Fletcher
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Gastroenterology 122:281-9. 2002....
- Serum hyaluronic acid with serum ferritin accurately predicts cirrhosis and reduces the need for liver biopsy in C282Y hemochromatosisDarrell H G Crawford
School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Greenslopes Private Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Hepatology 49:418-25. 2009..78; P = 0.01). Conclusion: In HH, the measurement of hyaluronic acid in patients with serum ferritin >1,000 microg/L is a noninvasive, accurate, and cost-effective method for the diagnosis of cirrhosis. (HEPATOLOGY 2009;49:418-425.)...
- The serum hepcidin:ferritin ratio is a potential biomarker for cirrhosisTerrence C H Tan
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Liver Int 32:1391-9. 2012..We investigated the potential role of serum hepcidin as a biomarker of advanced liver disease...
- Screening for hemochromatosis in asymptomatic subjects with or without a family historyLawrie W Powell
Centre for the Advancement of Clinical Research, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland 4029, Australia
Arch Intern Med 166:294-301. 2006..This study compared screening for hemochromatosis in subjects with or without a family history...
- Steatosis is a cofactor in liver injury in hemochromatosisElizabeth E Powell
School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Gastroenterology 129:1937-43. 2005....
- Hepcidin regulation in wild-type and Hfe knockout mice in response to alcohol consumption: evidence for an alcohol-induced hypoxic responseMandy L Heritage
School of Medicine and Gallipoli Research Foundation University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 33:1391-400. 2009..Since chronic alcohol consumption is also associated with disturbances in iron metabolism, we investigated the effects of alcohol consumption on hepcidin mRNA expression in Hfe(-/-) mice...
- Hepatic pharmacokinetics of cationic drugs in a high-fat emulsion-induced rat model of nonalcoholic steatohepatitisPeng Li
Therapeutics Research Centre, School of Medicine, University of Queensland, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, Queensland, Australia
Drug Metab Dispos 39:571-9. 2011....
- Hemochromatosis and alcoholic liver diseaseLinda M Fletcher
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, QLD 4102, Australia
Alcohol 30:131-6. 2003..In addition, the cumulative effects of other forms of liver injury may result when iron and alcohol are present concurrently. Clearly, the addition of dietary iron in subjects homozygous for hemochromatosis would be unwise...
- Multiphoton microscopy can visualize zonal damage and decreased cellular metabolic activity in hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury in ratsCamilla A Thorling
The University of Queensland, School of Medicine, Woolloongabba, Queensland, 4102, Australia
J Biomed Opt 16:116011. 2011..This provides a simple noninvasive technique useful for following progressive liver injury without external markers...
- Rapamycin inhibits hepatic fibrosis in rats by attenuating multiple profibrogenic pathwaysKim R Bridle
School of Medicine, University of Queensland, Gallipoli Research Centre, Greenslopes Private Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Liver Transpl 15:1315-24. 2009....
- Patient and graft survival after liver transplantation for hereditary hemochromatosis: Implications for pathogenesisDarrell H G Crawford
Queensland Liver Transplant Service and The University of Queensland, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Hepatology 39:1655-62. 2004..Our data suggest that iron excess in HH does not wholly depend on intestinal iron absorption but is also influenced by liver factors that moderate iron metabolism...
- Altered lipid metabolism in Hfe-knockout mice promotes severe NAFLD and early fibrosisTerrence C H Tan
School of Medicine, University of Queensland, Australia
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 301:G865-76. 2011....
- Liver fibrosis impairs hepatic pharmacokinetics of liver transplant drugs in the rat modelYu Hong Zou
Therapeutics Research Centre, School of Medicine, University of Queensland, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, QLD 4102, Australia
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 25:442-9. 2010....
- Effect of alcohol on iron storage diseases of the liverLinda M Fletcher
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Ipswich Road, Woolloongabba, Brisbane, QLD 4102, Australia
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 17:663-77. 2003..This review discusses the concomitant effects of alcohol and iron on the pathogenesis of liver disease. We also discuss the implications of co-existent alcohol and iron in end-stage liver disease...
- Concordance of iron indices in homozygote and heterozygote sibling pairs in hemochromatosis families: implications for family screeningPeter W Whiting
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Ipswich Road, Woolloongabba, Brisbane, Australia
J Hepatol 37:309-14. 2002....
- Hepcidin is down-regulated in alcoholic liver injury: implications for the pathogenesis of alcoholic liver diseaseKimr Bridle
Southern Medical School, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 30:106-12. 2006..Both CCAAT enhancer binding protein alpha (C/EBPalpha) and interleukin 6 (IL-6) have been shown to regulate hepcidin gene transcription...
- Evidence for a sub-morphological inflammatory process in the liver in haemochromatosisKim R Bridle
Hepatic Fibrosis Group, Population Health and Clinical Sciences Division, The Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Post Office, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Herston, QLD 4029, Australia
J Hepatol 38:426-33. 2003..The aim of the current study was to examine the hepatic gene expression of potential proinflammatory and profibrogenic cytokines in haemochromatosis...