- Mucocele-like lesions of the breast: a benign cause for indeterminate or suspicious mammographic microcalcificationsGelareh Farshid
BreastScreen SA, Adelaide, Australia
Breast J 11:15-22. 2005..Correlating the cytomorphology of mucinous lesions of the breast with their mammographic appearance may permit more precise preoperative diagnosis...
- An autocrine TGF-beta/ZEB/miR-200 signaling network regulates establishment and maintenance of epithelial-mesenchymal transitionPhilip A Gregory
Division of Human Immunology, Centre for Cancer Biology, SA Pathology, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Mol Biol Cell 22:1686-98. 2011....
- Core imprint cytology of screen-detected breast lesions is predictive of the histologic resultsGelareh Farshid
BreastScreen SA, Wayville, South Australia, Australia
Cancer 108:150-6. 2006..If core imprint cytology (CIC) of breast cores can be shown to be reliable in a significant proportion of screen-detected lesions, this technique may be of clinical value in such clinics...
- Predictors of malignancy in screen-detected breast masses with indeterminate/equivocal (grade 3) imaging featuresGelareh Farshid
Pathology, BreastScreen SA, 1 Goodwood Road, Wayville, SA 5065, Australia
Breast 20:56-61. 2011..We wished to determine the predictors of malignancy for these common lesions, so as to reduce surgery for benign lesions...
- Do breast cancer risk factors differ among those who do and do not undertake mammography screening?Kerri R Beckmann
School of Population Health, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
J Med Screen 20:208-19. 2013..This study compares the breast cancer risk profiles of participants and non-participants of population-based mammography screening. Risk profiles are also compared between those who have and have not used private screening services...
- Impact of hormone replacement therapy use on mammographic screening outcomesKerri R Beckmann
School of Population Health, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Cancer Causes Control 24:1417-26. 2013....
- Assessment of 142 stellate lesions with imaging features suggestive of radial scar discovered during population-based screening for breast cancerGelareh Farshid
BreastScreen SA, Division of Tissue Pathology, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, South Australia
Am J Surg Pathol 28:1626-31. 2004..The policy of mammographic surveillance for lesions with nonmalignant core biopsies remains controversial because of the paucity of data. Ongoing evaluation is needed as more experience is reported...
- 99mTc-Evans blue dye for mapping contiguous lymph node sequences and discriminating the sentinel lymph node in an ovine modelChris Tsopelas
Nuclear Medicine Department, Royal Adelaide Hospital, North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia, 5000, Australia
Ann Surg Oncol 13:692-700. 2006..Previous studies in smaller animal models suggested that this agent could have advantages over the dual-injection technique of radiocolloid/blue dye...
- Establishment of the Australian in situ hybridization program for the assessment of HER2 amplification in breast cancer: a model for the introduction of new biomarkers into clinical practiceGelareh Farshid
Division of Surgical Pathology and Cytopathology, SA Pathology, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Diagn Mol Pathol 19:187-93. 2010....
- Implication of intraoperative sentinel node imprint cytology for consent in the SNAC TrialMelissa A Bochner
Breast Endocrine and Surgical Oncology Unit, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Department of Surgery, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
ANZ J Surg 74:105-7. 2004..The aim of the present study was to determine the likelihood of immediate and delayed axillary clearance in patients in the trial when nodes were subjected to intraoperative imprint cytology...
- The miR-200 family and miR-205 regulate epithelial to mesenchymal transition by targeting ZEB1 and SIP1Philip A Gregory
Hanson Institute and Division of Human Immunology, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Nat Cell Biol 10:593-601. 2008..Expression of the miR-200 family was also lost in regions of metaplastic breast cancer specimens lacking E-cadherin. These data suggest that downregulation of the microRNAs may be an important step in tumour progression...
- Intraoperative imprint cytologic assessment of the sentinel node for early breast cancerMelissa A Bochner
Breast Endocrine and Surgical Oncology Unit, Royal Adelaide Hospital, North Terrace, Adelaide, 5000, South Australia, Australia
World J Surg 27:430-2. 2003..With the use of this technique, more than 50% of lymph node-positive patients would potentially be spared a second operation...
- Atypical presentations of screen-detected DCIS Implications for pre-operative assessment and surgical interventionGelareh Farshid
BreastScreen SA and Division of Tissue Pathology, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Frome Road, Adelaide 5000, South Australia
Breast 16:161-71. 2007..4% of cases. One in five cases of DCIS detected during mammographic screening has features other than pure microcalcifications. This has implications for pre-operative assessment and surgical management...
- The use of fine-needle aspiration cytology and core biopsy in the assessment of highly suspicious mammographic microcalcifications: analysis of outcome for 182 lesions detected in the setting of a population-based breast cancer screening programGelareh Farshid
BreastScreen South Australia, Wayville, Australia
Cancer 99:357-64. 2003..Core biopsy is used if FNAB is not diagnostic. In the context of increased use of core biopsy at other centers, the authors reviewed their experience with the cytologic assessment of highly suspicious microcalcifications...
- Combined use of imaging and cytologic grading schemes for screen-detected breast abnormalities improves overall diagnostic accuracyGelareh Farshid
BreastScreen SA, Wayville, South Australia
Cancer 105:282-8. 2005..The impact of integrating lesion grades from both disciplines on the accuracy of assessment of screen-detected lesions has not been investigated...
- Morphology of breast cancer as a means of triage of patients for BRCA1 genetic testingGelareh Farshid
Division of Tissue Pathology, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, South Australia
Am J Surg Pathol 30:1357-66. 2006..Certain morphologic and immunohistochemical features are overrepresented in BRCA1-associated breast cancers but these differences have not been incorporated into the current selection criteria for genetic testing...
- A decision aid for predicting non-sentinel node involvement in women with breast cancer and at least one positive sentinel nodeGelareh Farshid
Division of Tissue Pathology, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Level 5, Frome Road, Adelaide 5000, South Australia
Breast 13:494-501. 2004..Approximately 50-70% of patients with positive SN have no further nodal involvement. Estimates of the risk of non-sentinel node (NSN) involvement would aid decisions regarding further axillary surgery...