Genomes and Genes
C M Elvin
- Synthesis and properties of crosslinked recombinant pro-resilinChristopher M Elvin
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, St Lucia 4072, Australia
Nature 437:999-1002. 2005..In addition, the ability to rapidly cast samples of this biomaterial may enable its use in situ for both industrial and biomedical applications...
- A highly elastic tissue sealant based on photopolymerised gelatinChristopher M Elvin
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, 306 Carmody Road, St Lucia, Queensland, Australia
Biomaterials 31:8323-31. 2010..The elastic properties, thermal stability, speed of curing and high tissue adhesive strength of this photopolymerised gelatin, offer considerable improvement over current surgical tissue sealants...
- Molecular cloning and expression of the dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR) gene from adult buffalo fly (Haematobia irritans exigua): effects of antifolatesC M Elvin
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Department of Physiology, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland, Australia
Insect Mol Biol 12:173-83. 2003..The active enzyme was purified by affinity chromatography on methotrexate-agarose and displayed a relatively low affinity (IC50 = 30 nm) for methotrexate...
- The development of photochemically crosslinked native fibrinogen as a rapidly formed and mechanically strong surgical tissue sealantChristopher M Elvin
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, St Lucia, Australia
Biomaterials 30:2059-65. 2009..This material will find useful application in various surgical procedures where rapid curing for high strength tissue sealing is required...
- Evaluation of photo-crosslinked fibrinogen as a rapid and strong tissue adhesiveC M Elvin
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, St Lucia 4072, Queensland, Australia
J Biomed Mater Res A 93:687-95. 2010..This biomaterial system may find useful applications in surgical procedures where rapid curing and/or high strength tissue sealing is required...
- Molecular cloning and expression in Escherichia coli of an aquaporin-like gene from adult buffalo fly (Haematobia irritans exigua)C M Elvin
CSIRO Division of Tropical Agriculture, Private Bag 3, Post Office Indooroopilly 4068, Queensland, Australia
Insect Mol Biol 8:369-80. 1999..coli. The protein was solubilized from E. coli membranes with n-octyl beta-D-glucopyranoside and purified by affinity chromatography on a Ni++-sepharose column in the presence of detergent...
- A synthetic resilin is largely unstructuredKate M Nairn
CSIRO Materials Science and Engineering, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Biophys J 95:3358-65. 2008..The results indicate a flat energy landscape for AN16, with very little energy required to switch between conformations. This ease of switching is likely to lead to the extremely low energy loss on deformation of resilin...
- Design and facile production of recombinant resilin-like polypeptides: gene construction and a rapid protein purification methodRussell E Lyons
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia
Protein Eng Des Sel 20:25-32. 2007..These methods for the design and purification of resilin-like periodic polypeptides will facilitate the future investigation of structural and functional properties of resilin, and the development of novel highly resilient biomaterials...
- Localization of a brain sulfotransferase, SULT4A1, in the human and rat brain: an immunohistochemical studyNancy E Liyou
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland, Australia
J Histochem Cytochem 51:1655-64. 2003..The findings from this study may assist in determining the physiological role of this SULT isoform...
- Hydrolysis of the 5'-p-nitrophenyl ester of TMP by oligoribonucleases (ORN) from Escherichia coli, Mycobacterium smegmatis, and humanAh Young Park
Research School of Chemistry, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
Protein Expr Purif 57:180-7. 2008..2-0.6 mM. The availability of large amounts of the purified enzymes and a simple spectrophotometric assay for ORN activity should facilitate large-scale screening for new inhibitors of bacterial oligoribonucleases...