Affiliation: Edith Cowan University
- The impact of the nursing hours per patient day (NHPPD) staffing method on patient outcomes: a retrospective analysis of patient and staffing dataDi Twigg
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Postgraduate Medicine, Edith Cowan University, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Int J Nurs Stud 48:540-8. 2011..Once classified, NHPPD were allocated for each ward...
- Nurse retention: a review of strategies to create and enhance positive practice environments in clinical settingsDi Twigg
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Edith Cowan University, 270 Joondalup Drive, Joondalup, WA 6027, Australia Electronic address
Int J Nurs Stud 51:85-92. 2014..This paper summarises and critically reviews strategies identified in the literature which support retention of nurses by the creation and enhancement of positive practice environments in the clinical setting...
- Impact of skill mix variations on patient outcomes following implementation of nursing hours per patient day staffing: a retrospective studyDi Twigg
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Edith Cowan University, Joondalup, Western Australia, Australia
J Adv Nurs 68:2710-8. 2012....
- The impact of nurses on patient morbidity and mortality - the need for a policy change in response to the nursing shortageDi Twigg
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Postgraduate Medicine, Edith Cowan University, Joondalup, WA 6027, Australia
Aust Health Rev 34:312-6. 2010..Workforce projections indicate that by 2012 there will be a shortfall of 61,000 registered nurses in Australia. There is a growing body of evidence that links registered nurse staffing to better patient outcomes...
- A review of workload measures: a context for a new staffing methodology in Western AustraliaDi Twigg
Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Hospital Avenue, Nedlands, Perth, WA 6008, Australia University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
Int J Nurs Stud 46:131-9. 2009..Nurse hours per patient day (NHPPD), which classifies wards into various groupings, was applied to all public hospitals in Western Australia...