- Mortality after admission for acute myocardial infarction in Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people in New South Wales, Australia: a multilevel data linkage studyDeborah A Randall
School of Medicine, University of Western Sydney, Narellan Road, Campbelltown, NSW, Australia
BMC Public Health 12:281. 2012....
- An intensive smoking intervention for pregnant Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women: a randomised controlled trialSandra J Eades
Indigenous Maternal and Child Health Research Program, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Vic
Med J Aust 197:42-6. 2012..To determine the effectiveness of an intensive quit-smoking intervention on smoking rates at 36 weeks' gestation among pregnant Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women...
- The health of urban Aboriginal people: insufficient data to close the gapSandra J Eades
Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 193:521-4. 2010..More research is required, and particularly research that actually tests the impact of policies and programs...
- Using breath carbon monoxide to validate self-reported tobacco smoking in remote Australian Indigenous communitiesDavid J Maclaren
School of Public Health, Tropical Medicine and Rehabilitation Sciences, James Cook University, Cairns, Queensland, Australia
Popul Health Metr 8:2. 2010..This paper examines the specificity and sensitivity of a breath carbon monoxide (BCO) test and optimum BCO cutoff level for validating self-reported tobacco smoking in Indigenous Australians in Arnhem Land, Northern Territory (NT)...
- Rationale and design of the Kanyini guidelines adherence with the polypill (Kanyini-GAP) study: a randomised controlled trial of a polypill-based strategy amongst indigenous and non indigenous people at high cardiovascular riskHueiming Liu
The George Institute for International Health, PO Box M201, Missenden Road, NSW 2050, Australia
BMC Public Health 10:458. 2010....
- Diabetes in pregnancy among indigenous women in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the United States: a method for systematic review of studies with different designsCatherine Chamberlain
International Public Health Unit Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine School of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences Monash University, Victoria, Australia
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 11:104. 2011..The aim of this paper is to describe the methods we used to systematically review studies of different designs and present the evidence in a pragmatic format for policy discussion...
- Health research policy: a case study of policy change in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health researchSophia Leon de la Barra
Sax Institute, PO Box 123, Broadway, NSW 2007, Australia
Aust New Zealand Health Policy 6:2. 2009....
- The risk status, screening history and health concerns of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people attending an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health ServiceJessica M Stewart
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, The University of Newcastle, Newcastle, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 31:617-24. 2012..This study determined Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people's risk status and screening history for cardiovascular, diabetes and cancer, and identified opportunities for prevention based on patient's health concerns...
- Type 2 diabetes in Indigenous populations: quality of intervention research over 20 yearsBridgette J McNamara
Preventative Health, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, PO Box 6492 St Kilda Road Central, Melbourne, VIC 8008, Australia
Prev Med 52:3-9. 2011..A robust evidence base is needed to reduce the disproportionately high rates of diabetes-related mortality and complications among Indigenous peoples...