Affiliation: Dorevitch Pathology
- The anaemia of infectionJ Metz
South African Institute for Medical Research, Johannesburg, South Africa
S Afr Med J 97:1165-8. 2007..Professor Koornhof's major research contributions are in the field of bacterial infectious disease, to which he has made numerous seminal contributions. It seemed fitting then to devote this paper to the anaemia of bacterial infection...
- Folic acid metabolism and malariaJack Metz
Department of Haematology, Dorevitch Pathology and Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Food Nutr Bull 28:S540-9. 2007..This does not apply to supplementation of pregnant women with folic acid...
- A high prevalence of biochemical evidence of vitamin B12 or folate deficiency does not translate into a comparable prevalence of anemiaJack Metz
Dorevitch Pathology, Australia
Food Nutr Bull 29:S74-85. 2008..There are numerous reports of the effect of folic acid fortification of food on tests of folate status, but only a single published report on the hematological response was found...
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of oral vitamin B12 supplementation in older patients with subnormal or borderline serum vitamin B12 concentrationsEric C Seal
National Ageing Research Institute, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:146-51. 2002..To determine the effect of small doses of oral cyanocobalamin supplements in older patients with low or borderline serum vitamin B12 concentrations but no other evidence of pernicious anemia (PA)...
- Changes in serum folate concentrations following voluntary food fortification in AustraliaJack Metz
Med J Aust 176:90-1. 2002