- Eating behaviour and obesityElizabeth Denney-Wilson
BMJ 337:a1926. 2008
- Body mass index, waist circumference, and chronic disease risk factors in Australian adolescentsElizabeth Denney-Wilson
NSW Centre for Overweight and Obesity, Level 2, Medical Foundation Bldg K25, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2006
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 162:566-73. 2008..To determine the association between measures of adiposity (body mass index and waist circumference) and risk factors for heart disease, type 2 diabetes, fatty liver disease, and the clustering of risk factors in middle adolescence...
- Sedentary behaviours among Australian adolescentsLouise L Hardy
NSW Centre for Overweight and Obesity, School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Camperdown, New South Wales
Aust N Z J Public Health 30:534-40. 2006..To describe the prevalence and distribution (by demographic characteristics and body mass index [BMI] category) of sedentary behaviour among Australian adolescents aged 11-15 years...
- Validation and application of a novel method of measuring non-response bias in school-based surveys of paediatric overweight and obesityMichael L Booth
School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Int J Pediatr Obes 6:e87-93. 2011..To validate a method of estimating non-response bias to a school-based survey based on body mass index (BMI)...
- Trends in the prevalence of overweight and obesity among young Australians, 1985, 1997, and 2004Michael L Booth
New South Wales Centre for Overweight and Obesity, Level 2, K25 Medical Foundation Building, University of Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:1089-95. 2007..Height and weight were measured, and BMI categories were created using International Obesity Task Force definitions. Students were grouped as Grades 2 + 4 + 6 and 8 + 10...
- Characteristics of travel to and from school among adolescents in NSW, AustraliaMichael L Booth
School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 43:755-61. 2007..Active transport to and from school is frequently identified as an opportunity to increase energy expenditure among young people. The epidemiology of travel behaviours among Grade 6, 8 and 10 students in NSW is reported...
- The population distributions, upper normal limits and correlations between liver tests among Australian adolescentsJacob George
Storr Liver Unit, Westmead Millennium Institute, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 44:579-85. 2008..The purpose of this study was to describe the distributions of liver tests, to identify the upper normal limits (UNLs) and to describe the correlations among liver tests...
- 'TXT2BFiT' a mobile phone-based healthy lifestyle program for preventing unhealthy weight gain in young adults: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialLana Hebden
School of Molecular Bioscience, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Trials 14:75. 2013..Young adults are at high risk for unhealthy weight gain which tends to persist throughout adulthood with associated chronic disease health risks...
- Influences on consumption of soft drinks and fast foods in adolescentsElizabeth Denney-Wilson
NSW Centre for Overweight and Obesity, University of Sydney, Sydney 2052, Australia
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 18:447-52. 2009..Fast food outlets should be encouraged to provide a greater range of healthy and competitively priced options in reasonable portions...
- Tertiary paediatric obesity services in AustraliaPamela J Spilchak
NSW Centre for Overweight and Obesity, School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 44:243-7. 2008..To examine the nature and availability of paediatric obesity services in tertiary care settings across the states/territories of Australia...
- The population prevalence of adverse concentrations and associations with adiposity of liver tests among Australian adolescentsMichael L Booth
School of Public Health, School of Public Health, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 44:686-91. 2008..This paper reports the prevalence of elevated concentrations of four liver enzymes and their associations with adiposity in a representative population sample of Australian adolescents...
- Child obesity prevention in primary health care: investigating practice nurse roles, attitudes and current practicesAlison Robinson
Research Centre for Primary Health Care and Equity, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 49:E294-9. 2013..This mixed methods pilot study aims to explore the current practices, attitudes, confidence and training needs of Australian PNs surrounding child obesity prevention in the general practice setting...
- Changes in physical activity participation from 1985 to 2004 in a statewide survey of Australian adolescentsAnthony D Okely
Child Obesity Research Centre, University of Wollongong, Northfields Avenue, Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 162:176-80. 2008..To examine changes in physical activity during a 19-year period between 2 representative cohorts of adolescents from New South Wales, Australia...