P K Staiger
Affiliation: Deakin University
- Improving the retention rate for residential treatment of substance abuse by sequential intervention for social anxietyPetra K Staiger
Deakin University, School of Psychology, Faculty of Health, Medicine, Nursing and Behavioural Sciences, Burwood, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 14:43. 2014..The current paper reports on the protocol of a Randomised Control Trial which examined whether treatment of social anxiety prior to entry to treatment improves entry rates and retention in residential drug rehabilitation...
- Alcohol exposure therapy: generalisation and changes in responsivityP K Staiger
School of Psychology, Burwood Campus, Deakin University, Victoria, Australia
Drug Alcohol Depend 57:29-40. 1999..These results provide additional support for the effectiveness of CE in reducing responsivity to alcohol cues...
- Should personality traits be considered when refining substance misuse treatment programs?Petra K Staiger
School of Psychology, Deakin University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 26:17-23. 2007..We argue in this review that interventions which are matched to these relevant personality traits may improve treatment outcomes for substance misusers...
- Can emotion-focused coping help explain the link between posttraumatic stress disorder severity and triggers for substance use in young adults?Petra K Staiger
School of Psychology, Deakin University, Burwood, Victoria 3125, Australia
J Subst Abuse Treat 36:220-6. 2009..The findings underscore the need for youth substance abuse treatment programs to include coping skills training and management of affect regulation for those individuals with comorbid SUD-PTSD...
- Identifying depression and anxiety disorders in people presenting for substance use treatmentPetra K Staiger
School of Psychology, Deakin University, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 195:S60-3. 2011..To identify the type and proportion of depressive and related mental health disorders in a group of individuals seeking outpatient treatment at an alcohol and other drug (AOD) service...
- Improving the coordination of care for low back pain patients by creating better links between acute and community servicesPetra K Staiger
School of Psychology, Deakin University, 221 Burwood Highway, Burwood, VIC 3125, Australia
Aust Health Rev 34:139-43. 2010..The benefits and challenges of implementing this care pathway are discussed...
- The influence of sensitivity to reward on reactivity to alcohol-related cuesN Kambouropoulos
School of Psychology, Deakin University, Burwood, Victoria, 3152, Australia
Addiction 96:1175-85. 2001..CONCLUSION: The results are consistent with a conditioned appetitive motivational model of alcohol use and suggest that Gray's theory of personality may be of some benefit in explaining variation in reactivity responses...