Affiliation: Deakin University
- Obesity and undernutrition in sub-Saharan African immigrant and refugee children in Victoria, AustraliaAndre M N Renzaho
School of Health and Social Development, Deakin University, 221 Burwood Highway, Victoria, Australia
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 15:482-90. 2006..In conclusion, obesity and overweight are very prevalent in SSA migrant children and undernutrition, especially wasting, was also not uncommon in this target group...
- Ischaemic heart disease and Australian immigrants: the influence of ethnicity and language skills on treatment and use of health servicesAndre Renzaho
School of Health and Social Development, Deakin University, Burwood, Victoria 3125 or
HIM J 36:26-36. 2007..The extent to which physicians' bias and patients' choice could explain these differences requires further investigation...
- Maintenance of traditional cultural orientation is associated with lower rates of obesity and sedentary behaviours among African migrant children to AustraliaA M N Renzaho
Faculty of Health Medicine, Nursing and Behavioural Sciences, School of Health and Social Development, Deakin University, Burwood, Victoria, Australia
Int J Obes (Lond) 32:594-600. 2008..While the effects of socio-economic status on obesity are well established, the influence of cultural factors, including acculturation, is not known...
- Reliability of the modified child and adolescent physical activity and nutrition survey, physical activity (CAPANS-PA) questionnaire among Chinese-Australian youthClaudia Strugnell
School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, Deakin University, 221 Burwood Hwy, Burwood, Victoria 3125, Australia
BMC Med Res Methodol 11:122. 2011..This study tested the reliability of the Child and Adolescent Physical Activity and Nutrition Survey (CAPANS-PA) recall questionnaire among a sample of Chinese-Australian youth...
- Fat, rich and beautiful: changing socio-cultural paradigms associated with obesity risk, nutritional status and refugee children from sub-Saharan AfricaAndre M N Renzaho
School of Health Sciences, Deakin University, Burwood, VIC 3125, Australia
Health Place 10:105-13. 2004....
- Re-visioning cultural competence in community health services in VictoriaAndre Renzaho
School of Health and Social Development, Deakin University, Burwood, Vic, Australia
Aust Health Rev 32:223-35. 2008..This paper outlines a model for cultural consultation and developing needs-led rather than service-led programs...
- Associations between body mass index and health-related quality of life among Australian adultsAndre Renzaho
Public Health Research, Evaluation and Policy Cluster, Deakin University, 221 Burwood Hwy, Burwood 2125, Vic, Australia
Qual Life Res 19:515-20. 2010..To assess the relationship between body mass index (BMI) and health-related quality of life (HQoL), as measured by the Short Form Health Survey (SF-36) within a sample with broad population coverage...