Affiliation: Deakin University
- Intergenerational differences in food, physical activity, and body size perceptions among African migrantsAndre M N Renzaho
Deakin University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Qual Health Res 22:740-54. 2012..Obesity-prevention programs in this subpopulation need to adopt a multigenerational approach...
- Associations between body mass index and health-related quality of life among Australian adultsAndre Renzaho
Public Health Research, Evaluation and Policy Cluster, Deakin University, 221 Burwood Hwy, Burwood 2125, Vic, Australia
Qual Life Res 19:515-20. 2010..To assess the relationship between body mass index (BMI) and health-related quality of life (HQoL), as measured by the Short Form Health Survey (SF-36) within a sample with broad population coverage...
- Prevalence of vitamin D insufficiency and risk factors for type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease among African migrant and refugee adults in Melbourne: a pilot studyAndre Mn Renzaho
WHO Collaborating Centre for Obesity Prevention, Deakin Population Health Strategic Research Centre, Deakin University, Burwood, Victoria, Australia
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 20:397-403. 2011..Well-designed vitamin D interventions that incorporate lifestyle changes are urgently needed in this sub-population...
- Family functioning, parental psychological distress, child behavioural problems, socio-economic disadvantage and fruit and vegetable consumption among 4-12 year-old Victorians, AustraliaA M N Renzaho
WHO Collaborating Centre for Obesity Prevention, Deakin University, 221 Burwood High Way, Burwood 3125, Victoria, Australia
Health Promot Int 26:263-75. 2011..Programmes aimed at promoting F&V consumption in children should target those families with children experiencing behavioural problems or poorly functioning households...
- Effects of parental perception of neighbourhood deprivation and family environment characteristics on pro-social behaviours among 4-12 year old childrenAndre M N Renzaho
Public Health Research, Evaluation and Policy Cluster, Faculty of Health, Medicine, Nursing and Behavioural Sciences, Deakin University, Victoria
Aust N Z J Public Health 34:405-11. 2010..g. poor family functioning and parental psychological distress) and neighbourhood environment on child prosocial behaviour (CPB) and child difficulty behaviour (CDB) among 4-to-12 year old children...
- Food security measurement in cultural pluralism: missing the point or conceptual misunderstanding?Andre M N Renzaho
World Health Organisation Collaborating Centre for Obesity Prevention and Related Research and Training, Deakin University, Burwood, Victoria, Australia
Nutrition 26:1-9. 2010..We examined the current discrepancies in the definitions of food security and propose a framework for understanding and measuring food security...
- Effectiveness of prevention programmes for obesity and chronic diseases among immigrants to developed countries - a systematic reviewAndre M N Renzaho
WHO Collaborating Centre for Obesity Prevention and Related Research and Training, Public Health Research, Evaluation and Policy Cluster, Faculty of Health, Medicine, Nursing and Behavioural Sciences, Deakin University, 221 Burwood Highway, Burwood, Victoria 3125, Australia
Public Health Nutr 13:438-50. 2010..To determine whether interventions tailored specifically to particular immigrant groups from developing to developed countries decrease the risk of obesity and obesity-related diseases...
- Over and undernutrition in the children of Australian immigrants: Assessing the influence of birthplace of primary carer and English language use at home on the nutritional status of 4-5-year-oldsA M N Renzaho
School of Health and Social Development, Deakin University, 21 Burwood Highway, Burwood 3125, Victoria, Australia
Int J Pediatr Obes 4:73-80. 2009..To document the relationship between childhood nutrition status and ethnicity (defined as the birthplace of primary carer and English language use at home) using a nationally representative sample of 4- to 5-year-old children...
- Re-visioning cultural competence in community health services in VictoriaAndre Renzaho
School of Health and Social Development, Deakin University, Burwood, Vic, Australia
Aust Health Rev 32:223-35. 2008..This paper outlines a model for cultural consultation and developing needs-led rather than service-led programs...
- Mortality rates, prevalence of malnutrition, and prevalence of lost pregnancies among the drought-ravaged population of Tete Province, MozambiqueAndre M N Renzaho
World Vision, Australia
Prehosp Disaster Med 22:26-34. 2007..However, these programs were not based on sound epidemiological data, and they have not established baseline data against which to assess the impact of the programs...
- Community-based study on knowledge, attitude and practice on the mode of transmission, prevention and treatment of the Buruli ulcer in Ga West District, GhanaAndre M N Renzaho
Honorary and Senior Research Fellow, School of Health and Social Development, Deakin University, Australia
Trop Med Int Health 12:445-58. 2007..Because herbalists are often the first people consulted by those who contract the disease, they need to be trained in early recognition of the pre-ulcerative stage of Buruli lesions...
- Vitamin D, obesity, and obesity-related chronic disease among ethnic minorities: a systematic reviewAndre M N Renzaho
WHO Collaborating Centre for Obesity Prevention, Deakin University, Burwood, Victoria, Australia
Nutrition 27:868-79. 2011..To assess the association between 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25[OH]D) status and obesity, cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), the metabolic syndrome, and type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) in ethnic minorities...
- Ischaemic heart disease and Australian immigrants: the influence of ethnicity and language skills on treatment and use of health servicesAndre Renzaho
School of Health and Social Development, Deakin University, Burwood, Victoria 3125 or
HIM J 36:26-36. 2007..The extent to which physicians' bias and patients' choice could explain these differences requires further investigation...
- Reliability of the modified child and adolescent physical activity and nutrition survey, physical activity (CAPANS-PA) questionnaire among Chinese-Australian youthClaudia Strugnell
School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, Deakin University, 221 Burwood Hwy, Burwood, Victoria 3125, Australia
BMC Med Res Methodol 11:122. 2011..This study tested the reliability of the Child and Adolescent Physical Activity and Nutrition Survey (CAPANS-PA) recall questionnaire among a sample of Chinese-Australian youth...
- Experiences of migration and the determinants of obesity among recent Iranian immigrants in Victoria, AustraliaMaryam Delavari
a School of Health and Social Development, Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia
Ethn Health 18:66-82. 2013....
- Low and high birth weight as risk factors for obesity among 4 to 5-year-old Australian children: does gender matter?John Oldroyd
Cabrini Institute, Malvern, Melbourne, Vic, 3144, Australia
Eur J Pediatr 170:899-906. 2011..However, LBW was associated with a lower risk of child overweight/obesity in girls but not in boys. These gender differences need to be considered when planning interventions to reduce child overweight/obesity...
- Food insecurity, malnutrition and mortality in Maewo and Ambae islands, VanuatuAndre M N Renzaho
World Vision, Australia
Pac Health Dialog 11:12-21. 2004....
- Selective feeding centres in refugee settings: evaluation framework protocolAndre M N Renzaho
Centre for Culture Ethnicity and Health, Richmond, Victoria, Australia
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 11:237-45. 2002..Therefore, one could not confidently say that the reduction of malnutrition prevalence is a result of feeding programs. This paper presents an alternative approach to evaluating feeding centres...