Adrian James Cameron
Affiliation: Deakin University
- Macroenvironmental factors including GDP per capita and physical activity in EuropeAdrian J Cameron
Centre for Physical Activity and Nutrition Research, Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia
Med Sci Sports Exerc 45:278-85. 2013..Whether inequalities in economic development and other macroenvironmental variables between countries are also related to physical activity at the country level is comparatively unstudied...
- A systematic review of the impact of including both waist and hip circumference in risk models for cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and mortalityA J Cameron
Centre for Physical Activity and Nutrition Research, Deakin University, Burwood, VIC 3125, Australia
Obes Rev 14:86-94. 2013..Considered together (but not as a ratio measure), waist and hip circumference may improve risk prediction models for cardiovascular disease and other outcomes...
- Socioeconomic variation in diet and activity-related behaviours of Australian children and adolescents aged 2-16 yearsA J Cameron
Centre for Physical Activity and Nutrition Research, School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, Deakin University, Burwood, Vic, Australia
Pediatr Obes 7:329-42. 2012..Evidence for age-related variation in the relationship between obesity-related behaviours and socioeconomic position may assist in the targeting of dietary and physical activity interventions among children...
- The availability of snack food displays that may trigger impulse purchases in Melbourne supermarketsLukar E Thornton
Centre for Physical Activity and Nutrition Research, School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, Deakin University, Melbourne Burwood Campus, 221 Burwood Highway, Burwood, VIC 3125, Australia
BMC Public Health 12:194. 2012..We aimed to examine the availability of snack food displays at checkouts, end-of-aisle displays and island displays in major supermarket chains in the least and most socioeconomically disadvantaged neighbourhoods of Melbourne...
- The influence of hip circumference on the relationship between abdominal obesity and mortalityAdrian J Cameron
Clinical Diabetes and Epidemiology, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Int J Epidemiol 41:484-94. 2012..We hypothesized that adding waist and hip circumference to traditional risk factors would significantly improve CVD risk prediction...
- A bi-directional relationship between obesity and health-related quality of life: evidence from the longitudinal AusDiab studyA J Cameron
Clinical Diabetes and Epidemiology Department, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Int J Obes (Lond) 36:295-303. 2012..To assess the prospective relationship between obesity and health-related quality of life, including a novel assessment of the impact of health-related quality of life on weight gain...
- The metabolic syndrome: validity and utility of clinical definitions for cardiovascular disease and diabetes risk predictionAdrian Cameron
Deakin University, Centre for Physical Activity and Nutrition Research, 221 Burwood Hwy, Burwood, Victoria 3125, Australia
Maturitas 65:117-21. 2010..Even this, however, remains a work in progress until more evidence becomes available, particularly in the area of ethnicity-specific waist cut-points...
- Influence of peers on breastfeeding discontinuation among new parents: the Melbourne InFANT ProgramAdrian James Cameron
Centre for Physical Activity and Nutrition Research, Deakin University, School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, 221 Burwood Highway, Burwood, Victoria 3125, Australia
Pediatrics 126:e601-7. 2010..We aimed to investigate whether the proportion of breastfeeding mothers in first-time parent groups influenced the likelihood of ceasing breastfeeding and whether this was independent of socioeconomic position...
- Clustering of obesity-related risk behaviors in children and their mothersAdrian J Cameron
Deakin University, Centre for Physical Activity and Nutrition Research, Burkwood, Australia
Ann Epidemiol 21:95-102. 2011..To examine the clustering and patterns of obesity-related behaviors in children and their mothers and the concordance between mother and child pairs...