- Experimental hookworm infection and gluten microchallenge promote tolerance in celiac diseaseJohn Croese
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, The Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, Australia Center for Biodiscovery and Molecular Development of Therapeutics, Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine, James Cook University, Cairns, Australia Electronic address
J Allergy Clin Immunol 135:508-516.e5. 2015..Celiac disease (CeD) is a common gluten-sensitive autoimmune enteropathy. A gluten-free diet is an effective treatment, but compliance is demanding; hence, new treatment strategies for CeD are required...
- Changed gluten immunity in celiac disease by Necator americanus provides new insights into autoimmunityJohn Croese
The Department of Gastroenterology, The Townsville Hospital, Townsville, Australia
Int J Parasitol 43:275-82. 2013....
- Characterising the mucosal and systemic immune responses to experimental human hookworm infectionSoraya Gaze
Queensland Tropical Health Alliance and School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, James Cook University, Cairns, Queensland, Australia
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002520. 2012....
- Suppression of inflammatory immune responses in celiac disease by experimental hookworm infectionHenry J McSorley
Queensland Tropical Health Alliance, James Cook University, Cairns, Queensland, Australia
PLoS ONE 6:e24092. 2011..Thus we hypothesise that hookworm-induced TH2 and IL-10 cross-regulation of the TH1/TH17 inflammatory response may be responsible for the suppression of these responses during experimental hookworm infection...
- Impact of experimental hookworm infection on the human gut microbiotaCinzia Cantacessi
Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine, Queensland Tropical Health Alliance Laboratory, James Cook University, Cairns
J Infect Dis 210:1431-4. 2014..Our data show that, although hookworm infection leads to a minor increase in microbial species richness, no detectable effect is observed on community structure, diversity or relative abundance of individual bacterial species. ..
- Effect of hookworm infection on wheat challenge in celiac disease--a randomised double-blinded placebo controlled trialA James Daveson
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
PLoS ONE 6:e17366. 2011....