I D Coombes
- Why do interns make prescribing errors? A qualitative studyIan D Coombes
Pharmacy Department, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 188:89-94. 2008..To identify and analyse factors underlying intern prescribing errors to inform development of specific medication-safety interventions...
- Safe medication practice: attitudes of medical students about to begin their intern yearIan D Coombes
Safe Medication Practice Unit, Queensland Health, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Med Educ 42:427-31. 2008..This study aimed to assess medical students' perceptions of their readiness to prescribe, associated risks and outcome if involved in an error, as well as their perceptions of available support...
- Impact of a standard medication chart on prescribing errors: a before-and-after auditI D Coombes
Safe Medication Practice Unit, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Level 13, Block 7, Herston Rd, Brisbane, QLD 4006, Australia
Qual Saf Health Care 18:478-85. 2009..3) To use the chart to facilitate safe medication management training. Design,..
- Pilot of a National Inpatient Medication Chart in Australia: improving prescribing safety and enabling prescribing trainingIan D Coombes
Safe Medication Management Unit, Medication Services Queensland, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Herston, Qld 4016, Australia
Br J Clin Pharmacol 72:338-49. 2011..Standard medication charts have been recommended by British and Australian Health services. A study of a standard medication chart in five hospitals in one state of Australia significantly reduced prescribing errors...
- Factors predictive of intravenous fluid administration errors in Australian surgical care wardsP Y Han
The School of Pharmacy, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Qual Saf Health Care 14:179-84. 2005..Errors in administration can cause detrimental patient outcomes and increase healthcare costs, although little is known about medication administration errors associated with continuous IV infusions...
- The national inpatient medication chart: critical audit of design and performance at a tertiary hospitalIan D Coombes
Med J Aust 188:732-3; author reply 733. 2008
- Effect of computerised prescribing on use of antibioticsIan D Coombes
Med J Aust 180:140-1. 2004