I D Coombes
- Why do interns make prescribing errors? A qualitative studyIan D Coombes
Pharmacy Department, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 188:89-94. 2008..To identify and analyse factors underlying intern prescribing errors to inform development of specific medication-safety interventions...
- Safe medication practice: attitudes of medical students about to begin their intern yearIan D Coombes
Safe Medication Practice Unit, Queensland Health, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Med Educ 42:427-31. 2008..This study aimed to assess medical students' perceptions of their readiness to prescribe, associated risks and outcome if involved in an error, as well as their perceptions of available support...
- Impact of a standard medication chart on prescribing errors: a before-and-after auditI D Coombes
Safe Medication Practice Unit, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Level 13, Block 7, Herston Rd, Brisbane, QLD 4006, Australia
Qual Saf Health Care 18:478-85. 2009..2) To assess the chart's impact on the frequency and type of prescribing errors, adverse drug reaction (ADR) documentation and safety of warfarin prescribing. (3) To use the chart to facilitate safe medication management training...
- Pilot of a National Inpatient Medication Chart in Australia: improving prescribing safety and enabling prescribing trainingIan D Coombes
Safe Medication Management Unit, Medication Services Queensland, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Herston, Qld 4016, Australia
Br J Clin Pharmacol 72:338-49. 2011..Standard medication charts have been recommended by British and Australian Health services. A study of a standard medication chart in five hospitals in one state of Australia significantly reduced prescribing errors...
- Factors predictive of intravenous fluid administration errors in Australian surgical care wardsP Y Han
The School of Pharmacy, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Qual Saf Health Care 14:179-84. 2005..Errors in administration can cause detrimental patient outcomes and increase healthcare costs, although little is known about medication administration errors associated with continuous IV infusions...
- The national inpatient medication chart: critical audit of design and performance at a tertiary hospitalIan D Coombes
Med J Aust 188:732-3; author reply 733. 2008
- Effect of computerised prescribing on use of antibioticsIan D Coombes
Med J Aust 180:140-1. 2004