- Practical clinical approaches to functional visual lossCelia S Chen
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Adelaide, North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Clin Neurosci 14:1-7. 2007..Management requires an understanding approach and confrontation is seldom helpful. It is important to stress to the patient that FVL has a good prognosis, thereby providing "a way out" and giving the patient the opportunity to recover...
- Congenital hypertrophy of the retinal pigment epithelium (CHRPE) in familial colorectal cancerCelia S Chen
Ocular Oncology Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Fam Cancer 5:397-404. 2006..We determined the prevalence of CHRPE in subjects without CRC (negative control cohort), subjects with FAP (positive control cohort), and subjects with familial non-polyposis CRC (test cohort)...
- Clinicopathological correlation in pituitary gland metastasis presenting as anterior visual pathway compressionSusie T Luu
Department of Ophthalmology, Flinders Medical Centre, Flinders Drive, Bedford Park, South Australia 5042, Australia
J Clin Neurosci 17:790-3. 2010..Classification of the cell histology determined the primary site of origin in some patients. This series demonstrates the importance of combining histopathology and immunohistochemistry in the diagnosis of suprasellar lesions...
- Morning glory syndrome and basal encephaloceleCelia S Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Women s and Children s Hospital, 72 King William Road, SA 5006 North Adelaide, Australia
Childs Nerv Syst 20:87-90. 2004..Morning glory syndrome (MGS) is a congenital optic disc dysplasia often associated with craniofacial anomalies, especially basal encephalocele. Clinical presentations are varied and often occult...
- Juvenile arthritis-associated uveitis: visual outcomes and prognosisCelia S Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, SA, Australia
Can J Ophthalmol 39:614-20. 2004..The aims of this study were to determine the incidence of uveitis in a cohort of patients with juvenile arthritis as well as the nature of treatment and the risk factors for visual loss...
- Sarcoma and familial retinoblastomaCelia S Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Women s and Children s Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 31:392-6. 2003..Mutation analyses were performed on DNA samples from these patients to test for heritable RB1 mutations...
- Endoscopic modified lothrop procedure: an alternative for frontal osteoma excisionCelia Chen
Oculoplastic and Orbital Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide University, Adelaide, Australia
Rhinology 42:239-43. 2004..To describe three cases of frontal osteoma which were safely removed with a stereotactic-assisted, endoscopic modified Lothrop approach (EMLP)...
- Craniopharyngioma: a review of long-term visual outcomeCelia Chen
Neuro Ophthalmology Service, Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 31:220-8. 2003..To assess the clinical presentation and long-term visual outcome in a series of patients with craniopharyn-gioma...
- Melkersson-Rosenthal syndrome presenting with upper lid edema and facial palsyCelia Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, SA, Australia
Can J Ophthalmol 37:361-3. 2002
- Surgical margins for lentigo maligna and lentigo maligna melanoma: the technique of mapped serial excisionShyamala C Huilgol
Department of Dermatology and Oculoplastic and Orbital Unit, Royal Adelaide Hospital, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Arch Dermatol 140:1087-92. 2004..To assess the margins required for excision of lentigo maligna (LM) and lentigo maligna melanoma (LMM) by the technique of mapped serial excision (MSE), and to assess the efficacy of MSE...
- Are vision-specific quality of life questionnaires important in assessing rehabilitation for patients with hemianopia post stroke?Stacey George
Flinders University and Repatriation General Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Top Stroke Rehabil 18:394-401. 2011..To explore the relationship between disability and functional measures with vision-specific quality of life (QoL) measures for people with hemianopia and stroke...
- Endoscopic approach to orbitofrontal cholesterol granulomaDinesh Selva
Oculoplastic and Orbital Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide University, Adelaide, South Australia
Orbit 23:49-52. 2004..A combined anterior orbital and endoscopic approach may be an alternative to either frontal craniotomy or lateral orbitotomy in selected cases of orbitofrontal cholesterol granuloma...
- Chronic periorbital swelling in an elderly manCelia Chen
Royal Adelaide Hospital and Adelaide Pathology Partners, Adelaide, Australia
Arch Dermatol 139:1075-80. 2003
- Frontoethmoidal osteoma: a stereotactic-assisted sino-orbital approachDinesh Selva
Oculoplastic and Orbital Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide University, South Australia
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 19:237-8. 2003..A stereotactic-assisted, sino-orbital approach to selected frontoethmoidal osteomas may provide a viable alternative to an orbitocranial approach...
- Endoscopic optic nerve decompression for traumatic optic neuropathy: an alternativeCelia Chen
Oculoplastic and Orbital Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide University, Adelaide 5000, South Australia
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 135:155-7. 2006
- Late reactivation of thyroid orbitopathyDinesh Selva
Oculoplastic and Orbital Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 32:46-50. 2004..The aim of the present study was to assess the incidence and characteristics of late reactivation of thyroid orbitopathy within a tertiary referral orbital clinic...
- Mapped serial excision for periocular lentigo maligna and lentigo maligna melanomaRaman Malhotra
Oculoplastic and Orbital Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, University of Adelaide, North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia 5000
Ophthalmology 110:2011-8. 2003..A secondary aim was to identify differences in the clinical features and outcomes between periocular LM and LMM and those found elsewhere on the head and neck...
- The effect of static scanning and mobility training on mobility in people with hemianopia after stroke: a randomized controlled trial comparing standardized versus non-standardized treatment protocolsStacey George
Flinders University, Division of Rehabilitation, Aged Care and Allied Health, Repatriation General Hospital, Daw Park, South Australia, 5043, Australia
BMC Neurol 11:87. 2011..This study aims to determine which treatment is more effective, a standardized approach or individualized therapy in patients with homonymous hemianopia post stroke...
- Clinical characteristics and outcome of current standard management of central retinal artery occlusionAdam K Rudkin
Department of Ophthalmology, NH and MRC Centre of Clinical Eye Research, South Australia, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 38:496-501. 2010..To investigate the visual outcomes in acute central retinal artery occlusion (CRAO) with current standard therapy at two university teaching hospitals...
- Traumatic vertebral artery dissection presenting with incomplete congruous homonymous quadrantanopiaAlbert I Matti
Department of Ophthalmology, Flinders Medical Centre, Flinders University, Flinders Drive, Bedford Park, Adelaide SA 5042, Australia
BMC Ophthalmol 10:14. 2010..To describe a rare presentation of vertebral artery dissection (VAD) as a small but congruous incomplete homonymous hemianopia demonstrating use of visual field testing in the diagnosis...
- Bilateral occipital lobe infarction with altitudinal field loss following radiofrequency cardiac catheter ablationSusie T Luu
South Australian Institute of Ophthalmology, Discipline of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Adelaide and Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 10:14. 2010..Bilateral altitudinal visual field defects usually result from prechiasmal pathology causing damage to both retinas or optic nerves and rarely from bilateral symmetric damage to the post chiasmal visual pathways...
- Isolated unilateral abducens cranial nerve palsy: a rare presentation of pituitary apoplexyAlbert I Matti
Department of Ophthalmology, Flinders Medical Centre and Flinders University, South Australia, Australia
Eur J Ophthalmol 20:234-6. 2010..To describe a rare presentation of pituitary apoplexy as unilateral abducens nerve palsy demonstrating the various presentations of the condition...
- Orbital foreign body misdiagnosed as superior orbital rim fractureCelia S Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 30:295-6. 2002..A case is described of an orbital foreign body misdiagnosed as a superior orbital rim fracture, resulting in persistent ptosis and diplopia, and leading to delayed recovery for the patient, a commercial airline pilot...
- Muir-Torre syndrome and early detection of internal malignancyCelia S Chen
Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Med J Aust 178:368. 2003
- Bitemporal hemianopia caused by an intracranial vascular loopCelia S Chen
Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Maumenee 127, 600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 126:274-6. 2008
- Local intraarterial fibrinolysis administered in aliquots for the treatment of central retinal artery occlusion: the Johns Hopkins Hospital experienceEric M Aldrich
Department of Neurology, Meyer 6 109, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Stroke 39:1746-50. 2008..The aim is to compare the visual outcome in patients with acute central retinal artery occlusion of presumed thromboembolic etiology treated with LIF administered in aliquots with that of patients treated with standard therapy...
- Third cranial nerve palsy caused by intracranial extension of a sino-orbital natural killer T-cell lymphomaCelia S Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Neuroophthalmol 28:31-5. 2008....
- Double vision in a patient with thyroid disease: what's the big deal?Celia S Chen
Neuro Ophthalmology Unit, Wilmer Eye Institute, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Surv Ophthalmol 52:434-9. 2007..Accordingly, the patient underwent a neostigmine bromide test that demonstrated evidence of co-existing myasthenia gravis...
- Ocular ischemic syndrome: review of clinical presentations, etiology, investigation, and managementCelia S Chen
Department of Neuro Ophthalmology, Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Compr Ophthalmol Update 8:17-28. 2007..This review discusses the spectrum of clinical presentations in ocular ischemic syndrome, its etiology, and the current status of both ocular and systemic management...
- Malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the eyelid: differential diagnosis and managementJwu Jin Khong
Oculoplastic and Orbital Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 21:103-8. 2005..The purpose of this study was to present a case series of periocular MFH and to discuss the differential diagnosis and management...