Affiliation: Charles Darwin University
- Borders of fertility: unplanned pregnancy and unsafe abortion in Burmese women migrating to ThailandSuzanne Belton
School for Graduate Health Practice, Institute of Advanced Studies, Charles Darwin University, Darwin, Australia
Health Care Women Int 28:419-33. 2007....
- Kathy Pan, sticks and pummelling: techniques used to induce abortion by Burmese women on the Thai borderSuzanne Belton
Charles Darwin University Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Soc Sci Med 65:1512-23. 2007..This study highlights the need for reproductive health care for displaced populations...
- Conflict and development: challenges in responding to sexual and reproductive health needs in Timor-LesteKayli Wayte
Menzies School of Health Research and Graduate School for Health Practice, Charles Darwin University, Darwin, Australia
Reprod Health Matters 16:83-92. 2008..Strengthening neglected areas and including all components of sexual and reproductive health in coordination structures will provide a stronger foundation through which to respond to any future crises in Timor-Leste...
- Evaluating the long-term effectiveness of the Maternity Emergency Care course in remote AustraliaSuzanne Belton
Graduate School for Health Practice, Institute of Advanced Studies, Charles Darwin University, Casuarina Campus, Darwin, NT 0909, Australia
Women Birth 23:60-6. 2010..The aim of the course is to improve the maternity emergency skills and knowledge of health service providers who do not have midwifery qualifications. There has been no long-term evaluation of the course since its inception...
- Attitudes towards the legal context of unsafe abortion in Timor-LesteSuzanne Belton
Graduate School for Health Practice, Institute of Advanced Studies, Charles Darwin University, Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Reprod Health Matters 17:55-64. 2009..Change will be slow, but access to safe abortion and modern contraception are crucial to women's ability to participate fully as citizens in Timor-Leste...
- Midwives in China: 'jie sheng po' to 'zhu chan shi'Amanda Harris
Graduate School for Health Practice, Charles Darwin University, Darwin NT 0909, Australia
Midwifery 25:203-12. 2009....
- Niyith NiyithWatmam [corrected] (the quiet story): exploring the experiences of Aboriginal women who give birth in their remote communitySarah Ireland
Charles Darwin University, Graduate School of Health Practice, Darwin, Australia PO Box 391 Katoomba, NSW, Australia
Midwifery 27:634-41. 2011..to investigate the beliefs and practices of Aboriginal women who decline transfer to urban hospitals and remain in their remote community to give birth...
- Growing up our way: the first year of life in remote Aboriginal AustraliaSue Kruske
Charles Darwin University, Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Qual Health Res 22:777-87. 2012....
- Consequences of birth policies and practices in post-reform ChinaAmanda Harris
Graduate School for Health Practice, Institute for Advanced Studies, Charles Darwin University, Darwin, Australia
Reprod Health Matters 15:114-24. 2007..We recommend a stronger evidence base for hospital maternity services and changes to the role of the State in countering systemic problems...