Kerry Reid Searl
Affiliation: Central Queensland University
- "Whatever it takes": nursing students' experiences of administering medication in the clinical settingKerry Reid-Searl
CQUniversity Australia, Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
Qual Health Res 20:952-65. 2010..This model has the potential to enhance understanding of how students make decisions, and ultimately to positively influence this process...
- Nursing students and the supervision of medication administrationKerry Reid-Seari
Central Queensland University, Institute for Health and Social Science Research, and School of Nursing and Midwifery, Bruce Highway, Rockhampton, 4702 Queensland, Australia
Collegian 20:109-14. 2013....
- High fidelity patient silicone simulation: a qualitative evaluation of nursing students' experiencesKerry Reid-Searl
Institute for Health and Social Science Research, CQUniversity Australia, Bruce Highway, Rockhampton, 4702 Queensland, Australia
Collegian 19:77-83. 2012..These findings suggest that this technique has the potential to increase nursing students' sense of preparedness for their clinical experience, thus reducing the negative impact of fear and apprehension...
- Rediscovering the essence of nursing: exploring the impact of in clinical experience in Thailand for undergraduate nursing students from AustraliaKerry Reid-Searl
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Institute for Health and Social Science Research, CQUniversity Australia, Bruce Highway, Rockhampton, 4702, Queensland, Australia
Nurse Educ Today 31:892-7. 2011..The importance of caring in nursing and the importance of group dynamics were particularly valued by student participants...
- Clinical placements for undergraduate nursing students: an educators' guideKerry Reid-Searl
School of Nursing and Health Studies, Central Queensland University, Rockhampton
Aust Nurs J 12:21-3. 2005
- Caring for children with complex emotional and psychological disorders: experiences of nurses in a rural paediatric unitKerry Reid-Searl
Department of Health Innovation, CQ University, Rockhampton, QLD, Australia
J Clin Nurs 18:3441-9. 2009..To explore the experiences of general nurses towards caring for children with mental health issues and to identify strategies to improve management of these children...
- Internal conflict: undergraduate nursing students' response to inadequate supervision during the administration of medicationKerry Reid-Searl
Department of Health Innovation, Faculty of Science, Engineering and Health, CQUniversity Australia, Bruce Highway, Rockhampton, 4702, Queensland, Australia
Collegian 16:71-7. 2009....
- The educator inside the patient: students' insights into the use of high fidelity silicone patient simulationKerry Reid-Searl
School of Nursing and Midwifery and Institute for Health and Social Science Research, CQUniversity Australia, Rockhampton, QLD, Australia
J Clin Nurs 20:2752-60. 2011..To explore undergraduate nursing students' experiences of High Fidelity Patient Silicone Simulation...
- Factors influencing the supervision of nursing students administering medication: the registered nurse perspectiveKerry Reid-Searl
Institute for Health and Social Science Research, School of Nursing and Midwifery, CQUniversity Australia, Bruce Highway, Rockhampton, Queensland 4702, Australia
Collegian 18:139-46. 2011..The participants identified the importance of providing student supervision and suggested strategies for improvement, such as a closer working relationship between the clinical facilitator and the registered nurses providing supervision...