- Consumer participation in mental health in Australia: what progress is being made?Graeme Browne
Gold Coast Mental Health and Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drugs Services, Robina Campus, Robina, QLD, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 16:446-9. 2008..These policies also acknowledge that effective health care requires collaboration with consumers...
- Consumer perspectives on recovery: a focus on housing following discharge from hospitalGraeme Browne
Gold Coast and Gold Coast Mental Health and ATOD Services and University Queensland School of Medicine, Queensland, Australia
Int J Ment Health Nurs 17:402-9. 2008..Consumers can make a significant contribution to our understanding of mental illness and recovery...
- Housing and living with a mental illness: exploring carers' viewsGraeme Browne
Gold Coast and Gold Coast Mental Health Services and ATOD Services, University of Queensland School of Medicine, Queensland, Australia
Int J Ment Health Nurs 19:22-9. 2010..This study took place in Australia and the findings have relevance there, but there are also implications for mental health service delivery internationally...
- Consumer participation in housing: reflecting on consumer preferencesGraeme Browne
Gold Coast Mental Health and ATOD Services, Robina, QLD, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 18:579-83. 2010..These expressed needs include keeping units small in size and employing drop-in support models...
- Schizophrenia housing and supportive relationshipsGraeme Browne
Research Centre for Practice Innovation, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Int J Ment Health Nurs 16:73-80. 2007..The loss of social relationships and inability to maintain quality housing seem to be related - if people cannot maintain quality housing, they find it difficult to maintain supportive social relationships...