- Longitudinal investigation of natural killer cells and cytokines in chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis
Ekua W Brenu
Population Health and Neuroimmunology Unit, Bond University, Robina, QLD, Australia
J Transl Med 10:88. 2012
..This study investigates Natural Killer (NK) cell cytotoxic activity, NK cell subsets (CD56brightCD16- and CD56dimCD16+) and cytokines, over the course of a12 month period in patients with CFS/ME...
- Immunological abnormalities as potential biomarkers in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Ekua W Brenu
Population Health and Neuroimmunology Unit, Faculty of Health Science and Medicine, Bond University, Robina, Queensland, Australia
J Transl Med 9:81. 2011
..Studies have identified abnormalities in immune function but these data are inconsistent. We investigated the profile of markers of immune function (including novel markers) in CFS/ME patients...
- Immune and hemorheological changes in chronic fatigue syndrome
Ekua W Brenu
Faculty of Health Science and Medicine, Population Health and Neuroimmunology Unit, Bond University, Robina, Queensland, Australia
J Transl Med 8:1. 2010
..Additionally the role of erythrocyte rheological characteristics in CFS has not been fully expounded. The objective of this present study was to determine deficiencies in lymphocyte function and erythrocyte rheology in CFS patients...
- Is there a potential immune dysfunction with anabolic androgenic steroid use?: A review
E W Brenu
Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine, Bond University, Robina, QLD 4229, Australia
Mini Rev Med Chem 11:438-45. 2011
..Furthermore, these high dosages may or can affect other physiological systems including the immune system. Hence, this paper reviews the current research on the effects of a number of specific AAS in the immune system...
- Erythrocyte aggregation and neutrophil function in an aging population
R M Christy
Bond University, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
Gerontology 56:175-80. 2010
..Additionally, the current study is novel as it suggests a possible relationship between neutrophil phagocytic activity and erythrocyte aggregability...
- The open window of susceptibility to infection after acute exercise in healthy young male elite athletes
M W Kakanis
Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine, Bond University, Robina, Queensland, Australia
Exerc Immunol Rev 16:119-37. 2010
..Suppression of total lymphocyte counts, NK cell counts and neutrophil phagocytic function following exercise may be important in the increased rate of URI in response to regular intense endurance training...
- The effects of short term recombinant human growth hormone (rhGH) on blood rheology in healthy young males
S B Ramos
Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine, Bond University, Robina, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 47:121-9. 2011
..The present study evaluated the possible hemorheological effects of short term administration of human recombinant growth hormone (rhGH) in healthy young males...