James A Shaw
Affiliation: Baker Heart Research Institute
- Infusion of reconstituted high-density lipoprotein leads to acute changes in human atherosclerotic plaqueJames A Shaw
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Alfred Hospital Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, PO Box 6492, St Kilda Rd Central 8008, Australia
Circ Res 103:1084-91. 2008..These changes may contribute to the cardioprotective effects of HDL...
- Renal impairment is an independent predictor of adverse events post coronary intervention in patients with and without drug-eluting stentsJames A Shaw
Department of Cardiology of The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Cardiovasc Revasc Med 9:218-23. 2008..RI is an independent predictor of 30-day and 12-month MACE and death after PCI in patients with stable and unstable coronary syndromes, even with widespread use of DES. eGFR should be used to help risk-stratify patients undergoing PCI...
- Usefulness of transient and persistent no reflow to predict adverse clinical outcomes following percutaneous coronary interventionWilliam Chan
Department of Cardiology, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Am J Cardiol 109:478-85. 2012..0001 for all comparisons) compared to patients with normal flow. In conclusion, transient or persistent no reflow complicates approximately 1 in 20 PCIs and results in stepwise increases in in-hospital and 30-day adverse outcomes...
- Outcomes after percutaneous coronary intervention in contemporary Australian practice: insights from a large multicentre registryAndrew E Ajani
Royal Melbourne Hospital and University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Med J Aust 189:423-8. 2008..To examine short- and medium-term outcomes of percutaneous coronary interventions (PCIs), with a focus on comparing drug-eluting stents (DESs) with bare-metal stents (BMSs)...
- Compliance mismatch between stenotic and distal reference segment is associated with coronary artery disease instabilityAnthony J White
Alfred Hospital and Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, St Kilda Road Central, VIC 8008, Melbourne, Australia
Atherosclerosis 206:179-85. 2009..This study aimed to investigate the hypothesis that the differential in coronary artery compliance between stenotic and adjacent arterial segments is another factor associated with unstable coronary disease...
- Diffuse myocardial fibrosis evaluated by post-contrast t1 mapping correlates with left ventricular stiffnessAndris H Ellims
Heart Centre, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Research Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Am Coll Cardiol 63:1112-8. 2014....
- Matrix metalloproteinase-3 and coronary remodelling: implications for unstable coronary diseaseAnthony J White
Baker Heart Research Institute and The Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Cardiovasc Res 75:813-20. 2007..We hypothesised that the MMP-3 polymorphism (- 1171, 5A/6A) would relate to coronary plaque characteristics and unstable clinical presentation...
- The effect of intended duration of clopidogrel use on early and late mortality and major adverse cardiac events in patients with drug-eluting stentsMichelle J Butler
Department of Cardiology at the Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Am Heart J 157:899-907. 2009..Our objective was to determine whether the planned duration of clopidogrel at the time of percutaneous coronary intervention affected patient outcomes...
- Usefulness of cooling and coronary catheterization to improve survival in out-of-hospital cardiac arrestDion Stub
Alfred Hospital Heart Centre, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Am J Cardiol 107:522-7. 2011..In conclusion, modern management of OHCA, including therapeutic hypothermia and early coronary angiography is associated with significant improvement in survival to hospital discharge and neurologic recovery...
- Endothelial dysfunction in patients with type 2 diabetes post acute coronary syndromeNatalie G Lumsden
Vascular Pharmacology and Heart Failure, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Diab Vasc Dis Res 10:368-74. 2013..In addition, these patients continue to present with endothelial dysfunction despite having lower levels of EMPs...
- Determinants of coronary artery compliance in subjects with and without angiographic coronary artery diseaseJames A Shaw
Alfred and Baker Medical Unit, Alfred Hospital and Baker Medical Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:1637-43. 2002..The goal of this study was to determine factors contributing to the biomechanical properties of coronary arteries in people with and without angiographic coronary artery disease (CAD)...