Danushka K Wijesundara
Affiliation: Australian National University
- Reduced interleukin-4 receptor α expression on CD8+ T cells correlates with higher quality anti-viral immunityDanushka K Wijesundara
The Molecular Mucosal Vaccine Immunology Group, The Department of Immunology, The John Curtin School of Medical Research, The Australian National University, Acton, Canberra, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e55788. 2013..This can improve the quality of anti-viral CD8(+) T cell immunity. Our findings have important implications in understanding anti-viral CD8(+) T cell immunity and designing effective vaccines against chronic viral infections...
- Antigen-specific activation thresholds of CD8+ T cells are independent of IFN-I-mediated partial lymphocyte activationDanushka K Wijesundara
Viral Immunology, Emerging Pathogens and Vaccines Program, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Acton, ACT 0200, Canberra, Australia
Int Immunol 22:757-67. 2010....
- Human immunodeficiency virus-1 vaccine design: where do we go now?Danushka K Wijesundara
Department Emerging Pathogens and Vaccines, The John Curtin School of Medical Research, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Immunol Cell Biol 89:367-74. 2011....
- Fluorescent target array T helper assay: a multiplex flow cytometry assay to measure antigen-specific CD4+ T cell-mediated B cell help in vivoBenjamin J C Quah
Department of Immunology, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia
J Immunol Methods 387:181-90. 2013....
- IL-4 and IL-13 mediated down-regulation of CD8 expression levels can dampen anti-viral CD8(+) T cell avidity following HIV-1 recombinant pox viral vaccinationDanushka K Wijesundara
The John Curtin School of Medical Research, The Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200, Australia Electronic address
Vaccine 31:4548-55. 2013..These findings can be exploited to, design more efficacious vaccines not only against HIV-1, but many chronic infections where high, avidity CD8(+) T cells help protection. ..
- MHC class II-alpha chain knockout mice support increased viral replication that is independent of their lack of MHC class II cell surface expression and associated immune function deficienciesMohammed Alsharifi
Department of Immunology, The John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e68458. 2013..Detailed genetic analysis will be carried out to characterise the underlining genetic defects responsible for the observed phenomenon. ..
- Fluorescent target array killing assay: a multiplex cytotoxic T-cell assay to measure detailed T-cell antigen specificity and avidity in vivoBenjamin J C Quah
Department of Immunology, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, 2601, Australia
Cytometry A 81:679-90. 2012..This fluorescent target array killing assay can be used to measure the fine antigen specificity and avidity of polyclonal cytotoxic T-cell responses in vivo, immunological parameters that were previously impossible to monitor...