J M Provis
Affiliation: Australian National University
- Gradients of Eph-A6 expression in primate retina suggest roles in both vascular and axon guidancePeter Kozulin
ARC Centre of Excellence in Vision Science and Research School of Biology, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Mol Vis 15:2649-62. 2009..In the present study we investigated the expression of some members of the ephrin family in developing primate retina, including the topography of Eph-A6 expression, and its ligands, in developing macaque retinas...
- Small interfering RNA-mediated suppression of Ccl2 in Müller cells attenuates microglial recruitment and photoreceptor death following retinal degenerationMatt Rutar
The John Curtin School of Medical Research, College of Medicine, Biology and Environment, The Australian National University, Building 131, Garran Rd, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
J Neuroinflammation 9:221. 2012..We investigated the role of Müller cell-derived chemokine (C-C motif) ligand (Ccl)2 expression on monocyte/microglia infiltration and photoreceptor death in light-mediated retinal degeneration, using targeted small interfering (si)RNA...
- 670-nm light treatment reduces complement propagation following retinal degenerationMatt Rutar
The John Curtin School of Medical Research, College of Medicine, Biology and Environment, The Australian National University, Building 131, Garran Rd, Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
J Neuroinflammation 9:257. 2012..Complement activation is associated with the pathogenesis of age-related macular degeneration (AMD). We aimed to investigate whether 670-nm light treatment reduces the propagation of complement in a light-induced model of atrophic AMD...
- Adaptation of the central retina for high acuity vision: cones, the fovea and the avascular zoneJan M Provis
ANU Medical School, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Prog Retin Eye Res 35:63-81. 2013..Given these findings, what then is the adaptive advantage of a fovea? We suggest that the advantages of having a pit in central retina are relatively few, and minor, but together work to enhance acuity...
- Anatomy and development of the macula: specialisation and the vulnerability to macular degenerationJan M Provis
Research School of Biological Sciences, The Australian National University, GPO Box 475, Canberra, ACT, 2601, Australia
Clin Exp Optom 88:269-81. 2005..Both the inflammatory response and the sequelae of oxidative stress are predictable outcomes in this scenario...
- The foveal avascular region of developing human retinaJ M Provis
ARC Centre of Excellence in Vision Science, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Arch Ophthalmol 126:507-11. 2008..To study the development of the perifoveal retinal vasculature...
- Differential expression of anti-angiogenic factors and guidance genes in the developing maculaPeter Kozulin
ARC Centre of Excellence in Vision Science and School of Biology, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Mol Vis 15:45-59. 2009..The aim of this study was to identify novel genes that may influence retinal vascular patterning and definition of the foveal avascular area...
- Brief exposure to damaging light causes focal recruitment of macrophages, and long-term destabilization of photoreceptors in the albino rat retinaMatt Rutar
Research School of Biology, The Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200, Australia
Curr Eye Res 35:631-43. 2010..To characterize the long-term spatiotemporal features of light-mediated retinal degeneration...
- The cellular expression of antiangiogenic factors in fetal primate maculaPeter Kozulin
ARC Centre of Excellence in Vision Science and Research School of Biology, The Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:4298-306. 2010..To characterize the cellular expression patterns of antiangiogenic factors differentially regulated in the fetal human macula...
- Cone degeneration in aging and age-related macular degenerationElizabeth J Shelley
Research School of Biological Sciences, The Australian National University, GPO Box 475, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory 2601, Australia
Arch Ophthalmol 127:483-92. 2009..To examine the morphological features of macular photoreceptors in histologically normal retina from normal donor eyes and eyes with age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- Photoreceptor and ganglion cell topographies correlate with information convergence and high acuity regions in the adult pigeon (Columba livia) retinaAngeliza Querubin
ARC Centre of Excellence in Vision Science, Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200, Australia
J Comp Neurol 517:711-22. 2009..Convergence ratios in both the fovea and red field suggest greater visual acuity compared to that of the surrounding yellow field, which is consistent with the higher visual acuities that have been reported in these regions...
- Gradients of cone differentiation and FGF expression during development of the foveal depression in macaque retinaElisa E Cornish
Department of Ophthalmology and Save Sight Institute, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Vis Neurosci 22:447-59. 2005..A gradient of expression of FGFR4 and FGF2 associated with the wave of differentiation suggests that FGF signalling mediates cone narrowing and elongation...
- Distribution of short-wavelength-sensitive cones in human fetal and postnatal retina: early development of spatial order and density profilesElisa E Cornish
Department of Clinical Ophthalmology C09, Save Sight Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Vision Res 44:2019-26. 2004..7 mm from the fovea, but is within 800 microm of the fovea by 20 WG...
- Differential distribution of fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFRs) on foveal cones: FGFR-4 is an early marker of cone photoreceptorsElisa E Cornish
Save Sight Institute, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Mol Vis 10:1-14. 2004..We investigated expression of FGFRs in developing and adult Macaca monkey retina, paying particular attention to the cone rich, macular region...
- VEGF expression by ganglion cells in central retina before formation of the foveal depression in monkey retina: evidence of developmental hypoxiaTrent M Sandercoe
Save Sight Institute, Sydney, New South Wales 2001, Australia
J Comp Neurol 462:42-54. 2003....