Affiliation: Australian National University
- Form deprivation and lens-induced myopia: are they different?Ian G Morgan
Research School of Biology, ARC Centre of Excellence in Vision Science, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 33:355-61. 2013..By their nature, views expressed in each section of the Point-Counterpoint article are those of the author concerned and may not reflect the views of all of the authors...
- MyopiaIan G Morgan
ARC Centre of Excellence in Vision Science, Research School of Biology, College of Medicine, Biology and Environment, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Lancet 379:1739-48. 2012..There are promising optical and pharmacological interventions for preventing the development of myopia or slowing its progression, which require further validation, and promising vision-sparing treatments for pathological myopia...
- Is emmetropia the natural endpoint for human refractive development? An analysis of population-based data from the refractive error study in children (RESC)Ian G Morgan
College of Medicine, Biology and Environment, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Acta Ophthalmol 88:877-84. 2010..To determine the natural end-point for refractive development during childhood...
- A fundamental step-transition in retinal function at low light intensitiesI G Morgan
Centre for Visual Science and Research School of Biological Sciences, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Aust N Z J Ophthalmol 25:S70-2. 1997..Disturbances to this step-transition may be the initial cause of disordered eye growth in the form-deprivation myopia paradigm...
- How genetic is school myopia?Ian Morgan
Visual Sciences Group, Research School of Biological Sciences and Centre for Visual Science, Australian National University, GPO Box 475, Canberra City, ACT 2601, Australia
Prog Retin Eye Res 24:1-38. 2005..There is, moreover, little evidence to support the idea that individuals or populations differ in their susceptibility to environmental risk factors...
- Screening for differential gene expression during the development of form-deprivation myopia in the chickenIan Morgan
Visual Sciences Group, Research School of Biological Sciences, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Optom Vis Sci 81:148-55. 2004..To use the technique of differential gene display to analyze changes in gene expression that occur during the development of and recovery from form-deprivation myopia...
- Using natural STOP growth signals to prevent excessive axial elongation and the development of myopiaI Morgan
Visual Sciences Group, Research School of Biological Sciences and Centre for Visual Science, Australian National University, Canberra City, ACT, Australia
Ann Acad Med Singapore 33:16-20. 2004..Further studies may define the conditions under which this approach could be used to prevent the development of myopia in humans...
- Retinal control of scleral precursor synthesisM Devadas
Visual Sciences Group, Research School of Biological Sciences, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Aust N Z J Ophthalmol 25:S73-5. 1997....
- School grades and myopiaSeang Mei Saw
Department of Community, Occupational and Family Medicine, National University of Singapore, 16 Medical Drive, Singapore 117597
Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 27:126-9. 2007..To evaluate the association between school performance and myopia in Singapore children...
- Necessity of cycloplegia for assessing refractive error in 12-year-old children: a population-based studyReena Fotedar
Centre for Vision Research, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Sydney and Westmead Millennium Institute, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, Australia
Am J Ophthalmol 144:307-9. 2007..To compare pre- and postcycloplegic autorefraction in two separate age samples of Australian school children...
- Prevalence of undetected ocular conditions in a pilot sample of school childrenKathryn Rose
School of Applied Vision Science, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 31:237-40. 2003..These findings suggest that reliance on ad hoc referrals could result in delayed referral and that vision screening in both early and later school years may be desirable...
- Astigmatism and its components in 6-year-old childrenSon C Huynh
Centre for Vision Research, Department of Ophthalmology, and the Westmead Millennium Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:55-64. 2006..The data suggest that emmetropization for RA occurs by a compensatory process between CA and IA...