Yoke Lin Fung
Affiliation: Australian Red Cross Blood Service
- The role of neutrophils in the pathogenesis of transfusion-related acute lung injuryYoke Lin Fung
Australian Red Cross Blood Service, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Transfus Med Rev 23:266-83. 2009..This article reviews TRALI pathophysiology, explores the role of the neutrophil, details practical information for appropriate diagnosis and promotes further studies into the pathogenesis of TRALI...
- Alloimmune neonatal neutropenia linked to anti-HNA-4aY L Fung
Platelet and Granulocyte Immunobiology Laboratory, Australian Red Cross Blood Service Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Transfus Med 13:49-52. 2003..DNA sequencing confirmed that the father is HNA-4a-positive and that the mother is HNA-4a-negative, supporting the diagnosis of ANN linked to MART...
- Managing passively acquired autoimmune neonatal neutropenia: a case studyY L Fung
The Innovation Laboratory, Australian Red Cross Blood Service, Brisbane, Australia
Transfus Med 15:151-5. 2005..This may assist other clinicians faced with similar dilemmas in the future...
- TRALI in 2 cases of leukemiaYoke Lin Fung
Innovation Laboratory, Australian Red Cross Blood Service Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 28:391-4. 2006..As each transfused blood product is associated with a potential risk of TRALI, more frequent reports in patients receiving large volume or recurrent transfusion would be expected...
- Cardiopulmonary bypass induces enduring alterations to host neutrophil physiology: a single-center longitudinal observational studyYoke Lin Fung
Australian Red Cross Blood Service, Brisbane, Australia
Shock 30:642-8. 2008..Collectively, the changes portray an autoprotective yet responsive homeostatic balance...
- The systemic inflammatory response syndrome induces functional changes and relative hyporesponsiveness in neutrophilsYoke Lin Fung
Australian Red Cross Blood Service, PO Box 10325, Brisbane, QLD 4000, Australia
J Crit Care 23:542-9. 2008..To study the effects of systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) on polymorhonuclear neutrophil (PMN) function and phenotype by comparing neutrophils from critically ill patients with SIRS against those from healthy blood donors...
- Respiratory burst function of ovine neutrophilsJohn Paul Tung
Australian Red Cross Blood Service, Research and Development Laboratory, Kelvin Grove, Queensland, Australia
BMC Immunol 10:25. 2009..Ovine models of these pathologies are limited by the poor understanding of ovine neutrophil respiratory burst function...
- Recipient T lymphocytes modulate the severity of antibody-mediated transfusion-related acute lung injuryYoke Lin Fung
Prince Charles Hospital, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Blood 116:3073-9. 2010..They identify a potentially new recipient mechanism that controls the severity of TRALI reactions...
- Off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery induces prolonged alterations to host neutrophil physiologyJ James B Edelman
Baird Institute, Cardiothoracic Surgical Unit, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Shock 39:149-54. 2013..The alteration of PMN function after OPCAB implies that cardiac surgical trauma without CPB directly modulates host PMN physiology...
- Clinical scale ex vivo manufacture of neutrophils from hematopoietic progenitor cellsNicholas E Timmins
Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Biotechnol Bioeng 104:832-40. 2009..This is the first demonstration of a large scale bioprocess suitable for routine manufacture of a mature blood cell product from HPC, and could enable prophylactic neutrophil support for chemotherapy patients...