M C Woodward
Affiliation: Austin Health
- Enhancing physical activity in older adults receiving hospital based rehabilitation: a phase II feasibility studyCatherine M Said
Physiotherapy Department, Austin Health, Heidelberg West, Vic, Australia
BMC Geriatr 12:26. 2012..Increased physical activity may improve mobility. The objective of this Phase II study was to evaluate the feasibility of a randomized controlled trial (RCT) of enhanced physical activity in older adults receiving rehabilitation...
- Aspects of communication in Alzheimer's disease: clinical features and treatment optionsMichael Woodward
Aged Care Service, Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital, Austin Health, Victoria, Australia
Int Psychogeriatr 25:877-85. 2013..The aim of this review was to highlight the impact of communication deficits in AD, and discuss the need for effective treatments...
- Polypharmacy management among Australian veterans: improving prescribing through the Australian Department of Veterans' Affairs' prescriber feedback programmeM C Woodward
Aged and Residential Care, Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Intern Med J 38:95-100. 2008..Older patients are potentially at risk from the effects of polypharmacy (PP) and/or drug-drug interactions...
- A national survey of memory clinics in AustraliaMichael Clifford Woodward
Aged and Residential Care Services, Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Int Psychogeriatr 21:696-702. 2009..There is limited information describing memory clinics at a national level in Australia. The aim of this study was to gather information about the resourcing, practices and clinical diagnoses of Australian memory clinics...
- Differentiating the frontal variant of Alzheimer's diseaseMichael Woodward
Aged and Residential Care, Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital, Heidelberg West, Australia
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 25:732-8. 2010..When this occurs differentiation from frontotemporal dementia (FTD) is difficult. It is hypothesized that AD patients with high frontality may have clinical and pathological features that distinguish them from less frontal AD patients...
- Does executive impairment define a frontal variant of Alzheimer's disease?Michael Woodward
Aged Care Services, Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital, Austin Health, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Int Psychogeriatr 22:1280-90. 2010..This study was performed to improve the differential diagnosis between AD and FTLD and to better characterize the AD subgroup with greater executive dysfunction...
- Improving benzodiazepine prescribing for elderly hospital inpatients using audit and multidisciplinary feedbackR A Elliott
Centre forApplied Gerontology, Bundoora Extended Care Centre, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Intern Med J 31:529-35. 2001..Benzodiazepines are commonly prescribed for older people. Inappropriate benzodiazepine prescribing may result in serious adverse effects, including confusion and falls...