- Small area analysis of ambulatory care sensitive conditions in Victoria, AustraliaZahid Ansari
Health Intelligence Unit, Prevention and Population Health, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Popul Health Manag 16:190-200. 2013..This analytical approach will assist researchers to identify community-level predicators of access across populations at locations, including factors that may be affected by policy change...
- Patient characteristics associated with hospitalisations for ambulatory care sensitive conditions in Victoria, AustraliaZahid Ansari
Department of Health, Health Intelligence Unit, Prevention and Population Health, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 12:475. 2012..We examined the association between patient characteristics and hospitalisation for ACSCs in the adult and paediatric population in Victoria, Australia, 2003/04...
- Variations in hospitalizations for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in rural and urban Victoria, AustraliaZahid Ansari
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Respirology 12:874-80. 2007..Effective and timely management of COPD should reduce the risk of hospitalization. The purpose of this study was to describe variations in COPD hospital admission rates as an indicator of the adequacy of primary care services...
- Association of epilepsy and burns - a case control studyZahid Ansari
Department of Human Services, Melbourne, Victoria
Aust Fam Physician 37:584-9. 2008..Burns are the most common injury sustained during epileptic seizure. This article examines the risk of burns among patients with epilepsy in Victoria...
- Health and wellbeing of Victorian adults with intellectual disability compared to the general Victorian populationSyed Imran Haider
Health Intelligence Unit, Victorian Government Department of Health, 50 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia Electronic address
Res Dev Disabil 34:4034-42. 2013..The survey identified areas where targeted approaches may be undertaken to improve the health outcomes of people with ID and provide an important understanding of the health and wellbeing of these Victorians. ..
- The Victorian ambulatory care sensitive conditions study: rural and urban perspectivesZahid Ansari
Health Surveillance and Evaluation Section, Public Health, Department of Human Services, Melbourne, and Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne
Soz Praventivmed 48:33-43. 2003..This study presents detailed analyses of ACSCs as a measure of health outcome that might vary with access to primary health care in rural and urban regions of Victoria...
- The association of smoking with perception of income inequality, relative material well-being, and social capitalMohammad Siahpush
The Cancer Council Victoria, Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer, 100 Drummond Street, Carlton, Melbourne, VIC 3053, Australia
Soc Sci Med 63:2801-12. 2006..While the cross-sectional design of the study does not allow causal inferences, the results imply that smoking is less prevalent in communities that are more egalitarian and have a higher stock of social capital...
- Opposing socioeconomic gradients in overweight and obese adultsAlison Markwick
Health Intelligence Unit, Prevention and Population Health Branch, Department of Health, Victoria
Aust N Z J Public Health 37:32-8. 2013....
- Avoidable mortality in Victoria between 1979 and 2001Leonard S Piers
Chronic Disease Surveillance and Epidemiology Section, Public Health Branch, Department of Human Services, Melbourne, Victoria
Aust N Z J Public Health 31:5-12. 2007..To describe trends in avoidable mortality (AM) in Victoria by sex, degree of socio-economic disadvantage and remoteness...
- Blood lead levels in the adult Victorian population: results from the Victorian Health MonitorLiza M Kelsall
Health Intelligence Unit, Prevention and Population Health Branch, Victorian Government Department of Health Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor Research, Monash University, Victoria
Aust N Z J Public Health 37:233-7. 2013..However, some groups of the population have BLLs at which adverse effects may occur. Implications : The results provide baseline estimates for future population health surveillance and comparison with studies of at-risk groups...
- Comparison of health estimates between Victorian Population Health Surveys and National Health SurveysAdrian Serraglio
Rural and Regional Health and Aged Care Services, Department of Human Services, Melbourne, Victoria
Aust N Z J Public Health 27:645-8. 2003..This paper compares demographic and health estimates from the Victorian Population Health Survey (VPHS) 2001, using CATI, with the National Health Survey (NHS) 2001 that is based on face-to-face interviews...
- Social determinants and lifestyle risk factors only partially explain the higher prevalence of food insecurity among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders in the Australian state of Victoria: a cross-sectional studyAlison Markwick
Department of Health, Health Intelligence Unit, Prevention and Population Health Branch, 50 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia
BMC Public Health 14:598. 2014..The purpose of this study is to explain the relationship between food insecurity and Aboriginal and Torres Islander status in the state of Victoria...