Edwina J Wright
Affiliation: Alfred Hospital
- Depression and neurocognitive performance in individuals with HIV/AIDS: 2-year follow-upT Gibbie
Victorian HIV Service, The Alfred Hospital, Victoria, Australia
HIV Med 7:112-21. 2006....
- NeuroAIDS in the Asia Pacific RegionEdwina J Wright
Department of Infectious Diseases, The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Neurovirol 14:465-73. 2008....
- Thymic plasmacytoid dendritic cells are susceptible to productive HIV-1 infection and efficiently transfer R5 HIV-1 to thymocytes in vitroVanessa A Evans
Monash University, Department of Medicine, Central and Eastern Clinical School, Alfred Campus, Commercial Rd, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia
Retrovirology 8:43. 2011..Transfer of productive HIV-1 infection from thymic mDC and pDC was determined by culturing these DC subsets either alone or with sorted thymocytes...
- Neurocognitive impairment and neuroCARTEdwina Wright
The Alfred, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 6:303-8. 2011....
- Cardiovascular risk factors associated with lower baseline cognitive performance in HIV-positive personsE J Wright
Infectious Diseases Unit, Alfred Hospital, Commercial Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia
Neurology 75:864-73. 2010..To determine factors associated with baseline neurocognitive performance in HIV-infected participants enrolled in the Strategies for Management of Antiretroviral Therapy (SMART) neurology substudy...
- Neurologic disorders are prevalent in HIV-positive outpatients in the Asia-Pacific regionE Wright
Department of Infectious Diseases, Alfred Hospital, Commercial Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia
Neurology 71:50-6. 2008..A total of 8.3 million HIV-positive people live in the Asia-Pacific region. The burden of HIV-associated neurocognitive impairment and symptomatic sensory neuropathy in this region is unknown...
- HIV seroconversions among male non-occupational post-exposure prophylaxis service users: a data linkage studyAnna B Pierce
Victorian NPEP Service, Infectious Diseases Unit, The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia
Sex Health 8:179-83. 2011..We linked the Victorian NPEP Service (VNPEPS) database and the Victorian HIV Surveillance Registry to determine the number, incidence rate and predictive factors of HIV seroconversions among users of the VNPEPS...
- Association between active GB virus-C (hepatitis G) infection and HIV-1 disease in UgandaD L Yirrell
Medical Research Council Research Unit on AIDS, c o Uganda Virus Research Institute, PO Box 49, Entebbe, Uganda
Int J STD AIDS 18:244-9. 2007..We show that the association between active GBV-C co-infection and improved survival of HIV-1-infected adults is not restricted to HIV subtype B, but is also observed in both males and females infected with HIV subtypes A and D...
- Personality disorders and depressionM Fava
Depression Clinical and Research Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Psychol Med 32:1049-57. 2002....
- Neuropsychologic performance in school-aged children with sickle cell disease: a report from the Cooperative Study of Sickle Cell DiseaseW Wang
St Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Pediatr 139:391-7. 2001..In addition, they had declines in performance in certain areas of function over time. Therapeutic interventions that prevent or lessen cognitive impairment are needed before school entry for children with sickle cell disease...