Kenneth R Thomson
Affiliation: Alfred Hospital
- Investigation of the safety of irreversible electroporation in humansKenneth R Thomson
Department of Radiology, Alfred Hospital, Monash University, Melbourne, PO Box 315, Prahran, VIC 3181, Australia
J Vasc Interv Radiol 22:611-21. 2011..A single-center prospective nonrandomized cohort study was performed to investigate the safety of irreversible electroporation (IRE) for tumor ablation in humans...
- In vivo characterization and numerical simulation of prostate properties for non-thermal irreversible electroporation ablationRobert E Neal
Department of Radiology, The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Prostate 74:458-68. 2014..These characteristics are organ-dependent, affecting IRE treatment outcomes. This study characterizes the relevant properties to improve treatment planning and outcome predictions for IRE prostate cancer treatment...
- Irreversible electroporation: a new challenge in "out of operating theater" anesthesiaChristine Ball
Department of Anaesthesia and Perioperative Medicine, Alfred Hospital, Prahran, Victoria, Australia
Anesth Analg 110:1305-9. 2010..Pulsed electric current can be used to produce irreversible electroporation (IRE) of cell membranes with resulting cell death. This process has been shown to ablate tumors in animal studies...
- The effects of metallic implants on electroporation therapies: feasibility of irreversible electroporation for brachytherapy salvageRobert E Neal
Radiology Research Unit, Department of Radiology, The Alfred Hospital, 1st Floor Philip Block, 55 Commercial Road, Melbourne, Vic, 3004, Australia
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 36:1638-45. 2013..Theoretical and experimental models determine the impact of prostate brachytherapy seeds on IRE treatments...
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of preemptive oral oxycodone with morphine patient-controlled anesthesia for postoperative pain management in patients undergoing uterine artery embolization for symptomatic uterine fibroidsAlex H Konstantatos
Department of Anaesthesia, The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Vic, 3004, Australia
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 37:1191-7. 2014..To evaluate the analgesic efficacy of oral premedication of oxycodone in a group of patients undergoing elective uterine artery embolization under sedation for fibroid disease...
- Rendezvous technique following thermal ureteric injury after radiofrequency ablation in a solitary kidneyOrla Doody
Department of Radiology, The Department of Medicine, Monash University, The Alfred Hospital, Commercial Road, Melbourne, Australia 3004
J Vasc Interv Radiol 19:1112-4. 2008..This report illustrates the potential complication of ureteric stricture formation after a RF ablation procedure and the management challenges posed by such thermal injuries...