- Gallbladder perforation: morbidity, mortality and preoperative risk prediction
HPB Unit, Department of Surgery, Hospital Xeral, Calle Pizarro 22, 36203, Vigo, PV, Spain
Surg Endosc 29:955-60. 2015
..The aim of this study is to analyse all factors associated with morbidity and mortality and assess the accuracy of preoperative risk prediction scores...
- Incidental pT2-T3 gallbladder cancer after a cholecystectomy: outcome of staging at 3 months prior to a radical resection
Hepatobiliary and Transplant Surgery Unit, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne NHS Trust, UK
HPB (Oxford) 15:633-7. 2013
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the outcome of patients who had delayed staging at 3 months after a cholecystectomy...
- Liver damage during organ donor procurement in donation after circulatory death compared with donation after brain death
Hepatopancreatobiliary and Transplant Surgery, Institute of Transplantation, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Br J Surg 100:381-6. 2013
..As reported previously, injuries are more frequent during kidney procurement from DCD than from donation after brain death (DBD) donors. This aim of this study was to compare outcomes between DCD and DBD with respect to liver injuries...
- Double bypass for inoperable pancreatic malignancy at laparotomy: postoperative complications and long-term outcome
HPB Unit, Freeman Hospital, Freeman Road, High Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne NE7 7DN, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 94:563-8. 2012
..The aim of this study was to identify pre-operatively which patients undergoing double bypass are at high risk of complications and to assess their long-term outcome...
- Effects of low cardiopulmonary reserve on pancreatic leak following pancreaticoduodenectomy
Hepatopancreatobiliary Unit, Freeman Hospital, High Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne NE7 7DN, UK
Br J Surg 99:1290-4. 2012
..Pancreatic leak is an important contributor to postoperative complications and death following pancreaticoduodenectomy. The aim of this study was to determine whether reduced cardiopulmonary reserve was a risk factor for pancreatic leak...
- Kidney damage during organ recovery in donation after circulatory death donors: data from UK National Transplant Database
HPB and Transplant Surgery, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Am J Transplant 12:932-6. 2012
..001) and donor body mass index (BMI; 0.001), donor male gender (p = 0.001) and no liver donation (0.009). We conclude that procurement from DCD donors leads to higher rates of injury to the kidney and are more likely to be discarded...
- Intraoperative cholangiography in the laparoscopic cholecystectomy era: why are we still debating?
HPB Surgery, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE77DN, UK
Surg Endosc 26:1193-200. 2012
..Whether this procedure should be performed routinely is still an active subject of debate. We discuss the available evidence and likely implications for the future...