Affiliation: AstraZeneca R and D
- Factor V Leiden (G1691A) and prothrombin gene G20210A mutations as potential risk factors for venous thromboembolism after total hip or total knee replacement surgeryK Wahlander
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Transfusion Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 87:580-5. 2002..03 and p = 0.05, respectively). However, since 90% of the patients with these genetic risk factors will not suffer a VTE event, a general pre-operative genotyping is, in our opinion, of questionable value...
- Pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and clinical effects of the oral direct thrombin inhibitor ximelagatran in acute treatment of patients with pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosisKarin Wåhlander
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Transfusion Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Thromb Res 107:93-9. 2002..This study evaluated the pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and clinical effects of melagatran, the active form of ximelagatran, in patients with both deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE)...
- No influence of mild-to-moderate hepatic impairment on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of ximelagatran, an oral direct thrombin inhibitorKarin Wåhlander
Experimental Medicine, AstraZeneca R and D, Molndal, Sweden
Clin Pharmacokinet 42:755-64. 2003..Objective: To investigate the influence of mild-to-moderate hepatic impairment on the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of ximelagatran...
- Antithrombotic effects of ximelagatran plus acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) and clopidogrel plus ASA in a human ex vivo arterial thrombosis modelKarin Wåhlander
AstraZeneca R and D Molndal, S 431 83 Molndal, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 95:447-53. 2006..4; P=0.0010). Both drug combinations were well tolerated. Oral ximelagatran plus ASA has a greater antithrombotic effect in this human ex vivo thrombosis model and a less pronounced prolongation of bleeding time than clopidogrel plus ASA...
- Risk of recurrent venous thromboembolism or bleeding in relation to thrombophilic risk factors in patients receiving ximelagatran or placebo for long-term secondary prevention of venous thromboembolismKarin Wåhlander
AstraZeneca Research and Development Mölndal, Molndal, Sweden
Br J Haematol 133:68-77. 2006..There was no clear evidence for a higher risk of recurrent VTE or bleeding across subgroups according to the potential prothrombotic factors analysed in this study...
- Pharmacokinetics and anticoagulant effect of the direct thrombin inhibitor melagatran following subcutaneous administration to healthy young menSusanne Johansson
AstraZeneca R and D Molndal, Molndal, Sweden
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 14:677-84. 2003..Only moderate increases in capillary bleeding time were observed with s.c. doses up to 5 mg melagatran. Melagatran was well tolerated after s.c. injection, with good local tolerability at the injection site...
- Prognostic factors for recurrence of venous thromboembolism (VTE) or bleeding during long-term secondary prevention of VTE with ximelagatranHenry Eriksson
Department of Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Ostra, Gothenburg, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 94:522-7. 2005..Long-term use of oral ximelagatran, without coagulation monitoring or dose adjustment, should be feasible and well tolerated in a wide cross-section of patients for the secondary prevention of VTE...
- Pharmacokinetics of ximelagatran and relationship to clinical response in acute deep vein thrombosisMarie Cullberg
Clinical Pharmacology and Clinical Cardiovascular, AstraZeneca R and D Molndal, Molndal, Sweden
Clin Pharmacol Ther 77:279-90. 2005....
- Reversible elevations of serum creatinine levels but no effect on glomerular filtration during treatment with the direct thrombin inhibitor AZD0837Kajs Marie Schützer
Clinical Development, AstraZeneca R and D Molndal, 431 83 Mölndal, Sweden
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 66:903-10. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether the increase in s-creatinine is due to a decrease in renal glomerular filtration rate (GFR) or an inhibition of the tubular secretion of creatinine...
- A review of the effects of the oral direct thrombin inhibitor ximelagatran on coagulation assaysStefan C Carlsson
AstraZeneca R and D Molndal, Molndal, Sweden
Thromb Res 115:9-18. 2005
- Trousseau's syndrome - what is the evidence? A population-based autopsy studyMats Ogren
Department of Vascular Surgery, Uppsala University Hospital, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 95:541-5. 2006..001). We conclude that the risk of PE in cancer patients depends not only on the cancer site and spread but also on the histological type. The excess independent risk in pancreatic cancer is intriguing and should warrant further research...
- No effect of encapsulation on the pharmacokinetics of warfarinSusanne Johansson
Experimental Medicine, AstraZeneca R and D Molndal, S 431 83 Molndal, Sweden
Biopharm Drug Dispos 26:121-7. 2005....