Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: AstraZeneca R and D
- A pro-nociceptive role of neuromedin U in adult miceChang Qing Cao
AstraZeneca R and D Montreal, 7171 Frederick Banting, St Laurent, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4S 1Z9
Pain 104:609-16. 2003..These electrophysiological and behavioral results suggest that NMU may be a novel physiological regulator in spinal nociceptive transmission and processing...
- Neuropathic pain: emerging treatmentsA Dray
AstraZeneca Research and Development, 7171 Frederick Banting Street, Montreal, Canada
Br J Anaesth 101:48-58. 2008..Finally of note is the emergence of biological approaches, for example, antibodies, siRNA, gene therapy, offering powerful therapeutic additions with which to redress the neurological disease imbalances causing neuropathic pain...
- Arthritis and pain. Future targets to control osteoarthritis painAndy Dray
AstraZeneca R and D Montreal, Frederick Banting St, Montreal H4S 1Z9, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 9:212. 2007..Future neurological treatments of pain appear optimistic but will require the systematic evaluation of emerging opportunities...
- Future pharmacologic management of neuropathic painAndy Dray
AstraZeneca Research and Development, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Orofac Pain 18:381-5. 2004..Improvement in translating these approaches into the development of drugs for use in the pain clinic remains a significant but surmountable challenge...
- Priming enhances endotoxin-induced thermal hyperalgesia and mechanical allodynia in ratsC M Cahill
Pain Mechanisms Laboratory, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, 110 Pine Ave West, Montreal, Canada
Brain Res 808:13-22. 1998..p. injection of LPS. This study demonstrates that priming is an effective protocol for the induction of central inflammation and increases the duration of these behaviors after i.c. v. administration...
- Knockdown of spinal metabotropic glutamate receptor 1 (mGluR(1)) alleviates pain and restores opioid efficacy after nerve injury in ratsM E Fundytus
Department of Physiology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Br J Pharmacol 132:354-67. 2001....
- Selective depression of nociceptive responses of dorsal horn neurones by SNC 80 in a perfused hindquarter preparation of adult mouseC Q Cao
Department of Pharmacology, AstraZeneca R and D Montreal, 7171 Frederick Banting, St Laurent Montreal, QC, Canada H4S 1Z9
Neuroscience 107:329-38. 2001..The potentiation of neuronal activity by HS 378 may reflect an autoregulatory role of the endogenous delta-opioid in nociceptive transmission in mouse...
- Spinal delta-opioid receptors mediate suppression of systemic SNC80 on excitability of the flexor reflex in normal and inflamed ratC Q Cao
Department of Pharmacology, AstraZeneca R and D Montreal, 7171 Frederick-Banting, H4S 1Z9, St. Laurent, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Pharmacol 418:79-87. 2001..5 nmol). These results indicate that systemic injection of SNC80 exerted antihypersensitivity in models of both acute and tonic nociception and these effects are mediated mainly through a spinal delta-opioid mechanism...
- Pro-nociceptive effects of neuromedin U in ratX H Yu
AstraZeneca Research and Development Montreal, 7171 Frederick Banting, St Laurent, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4S 1Z9
Neuroscience 120:467-74. 2003..The restricted distribution of NMU receptors to a region of the spinal cord involved in nociception suggests that this peptide receptor system may play a role in nociception...
- Osteoarthritic pain: a review of current, theoretical and emerging therapeuticsSimon J Read
AstraZeneca R and D, Office 12AF1A, Mereside, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 4TG, UK
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 17:619-40. 2008..There is an emerging diversity of algogenic mechanisms suggesting heterogeneity in pain aetiology in the OA patient population...
- Novel G protein-coupled receptors as pain targetsSultan Ahmad
AstraZeneca Research and Development Montreal, 7171 Frederick Banting St, Montreal H4S 1Z9, Canada
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 5:67-70. 2004....
- Enhanced thermal antinociceptive potency and anti-allodynic effects of morphine following spinal administration of endotoxinCatherine M Cahill
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ont, Canada
Brain Res 960:209-18. 2003..This study demonstrates the presence of both heat hyperalgesia and mechanical allodynia following central administration of LPS, and an increased antinociceptive potency of i.t. morphine in this model...
- Proenkephalin A gene products activate a new family of sensory neuron--specific GPCRsPaola M C Lembo
AstraZeneca R and D Montreal, 7171 Frederick Banting, Ville Saint Laurent, Quebec H4S 1Z9, Canada
Nat Neurosci 5:201-9. 2002..The unique localization of SNSRs and their activation by proenkephalin A peptide fragments indicate a possible function for SNSRs in sensory neuron regulation and in the modulation of nociception...
- Intrathecal nerve growth factor restores opioid effectiveness in an animal model of neuropathic painCatherine M Cahill
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada
Neuropharmacology 45:543-52. 2003....
- Antisense oligonucleotide knockdown of mGluR1 alleviates hyperalgesia and allodynia associated with chronic inflammationMarian E Fundytus
Department of Physiology, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 73:401-10. 2002..Thus, the present data suggest a role for mGluR1 in persistent inflammatory nociception...