Affiliation: AstraZeneca R and D
- Quetiapine and long-term weight change: a comprehensive data review of patients with schizophreniaMartin Brecher
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, Wilmington, DE, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 68:597-603. 2007..To assess the magnitude and pattern of weight change during long-term treatment with the atypical antipsychotic quetiapine...
- In response to Furst et al, "Possible association of QTc interval prolongation with co-administration of quetiapine and lovastatin"Wayne Geller
Biol Psychiatry 52:914; author reply 914-5. 2002
- Rapid dose escalation with quetiapine: a pilot studyMark A Smith
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP, 1800 Concord Pike, PO Box 15437, Wilmington, DE 19850, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 25:331-5. 2005....
- Evaluation of the feasibility of switching from immediate release quetiapine to extended release quetiapine fumarate in stable outpatients with schizophreniaHans Jurgen Moller
Psychiatric Hospital of the University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 23:95-105. 2008..In conclusion, efficacy was maintained without compromising safety/tolerability when switching patients with stable schizophrenia from twice-daily quetiapine IR to once-daily quetiapine XR (400-800 mg/day)...
- The efficacy of quetiapine vs haloperidol and placebo: a meta-analytic study of efficacyS Charles Schulz
Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Medical School, F282 2A West 2450 Riverside Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
Schizophr Res 62:1-12. 2003..The atypical antipsychotics that are currently commercially available are clozapine, risperidone, olanzapine, quetiapine, and ziprasidone. The focus of this report is on the efficacy of quetiapine...
- Maintenance of long-term efficacy and safety of quetiapine in the open-label treatment of schizophreniaSiegfried Kasper
Department of General Psychiatry, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 19:281-9. 2004..In conclusion, quetiapine may be a suitable therapy in the long-term treatment of schizophrenia...
- Efficacy and tolerability of once-daily extended release quetiapine fumarate in acute schizophrenia: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyRene S Kahn
Department of Psychiatry, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Psychiatry 68:832-42. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of extended release quetiapine fumarate (quetiapine XR) in a 6-week, double-blind, randomized study...
- Improvement in social competence with short-term atypical antipsychotic treatment: a randomized, double-blind comparison of quetiapine versus risperidone for social competence, social cognition, and neuropsychological functioningPhilip D Harvey
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:1918-25. 2006....
- Safety and tolerability of quetiapine in the treatment of acute mania in bipolar disorderCaleb M Adler
Center for Bipolar Disorders Research, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0559, USA
J Affect Disord 100:S15-22. 2007..To review the safety/tolerability of quetiapine in four placebo-controlled studies in patients with bipolar I disorder experiencing acute mania...
- Treatment of agitation and aggression in bipolar mania: efficacy of quetiapinePeter F Buckley
Department of Psychiatry and Health Behavior, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Affect Disord 100:S33-43. 2007..Agitation and aggression are potentially disruptive and dangerous features of bipolar mania. This analysis evaluated the effects of quetiapine on agitation and aggression in patients with bipolar I mania...
- Placebo-level incidence of extrapyramidal symptoms (EPS) with quetiapine in controlled studies of patients with bipolar maniaHenry A Nasrallah
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Bipolar Disord 8:467-74. 2006..To evaluate extrapyramidal symptoms (EPS), including akathisia, with quetiapine in patients with bipolar mania...
- Quetiapine or haloperidol as monotherapy for bipolar mania--a 12-week, double-blind, randomised, parallel-group, placebo-controlled trialRoger S McIntyre
Mood Disorders Psychopharmacology Unit, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Canada
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 15:573-85. 2005..The primary efficacy outcome variable was change from baseline to Day 21 in Young Mania Rating Scale (YMRS) score...
- Quetiapine monotherapy for mania associated with bipolar disorder: combined analysis of two international, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled studiesEduard Vieta
Hospital Clinic, August Pi i Sunyer Biomedical Research Institute IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Spain
Curr Med Res Opin 21:923-34. 2005..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of quetiapine monotherapy for mania in bipolar disorder by an a priori defined combined analysis of data from two placebo-controlled studies...
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled efficacy and safety study of quetiapine or lithium as monotherapy for mania in bipolar disorderCharles L Bowden
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 66:111-21. 2005..To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of quetiapine monotherapy versus placebo for the treatment of mania associated with bipolar disorder...