- An assessment of the importance of pad testing in stress urinary incontinence and the effects of incontinence on the life quality of women
Florence Nightingale College of Nursing, University of Istanbul, Sisli Istanbul, Turkey
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 14:316-9; discussion 320. 2003
..29, P<0.05; SII: r=0.30 P<0.05). It may therefore be concluded that the severity of incontinence makes no difference in the effects of incontinence on the life quality of women...
- Bladder training and Kegel exercises for women with urinary complaints living in a rest home
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecologic Nursing, Florence Nightingale School of Nursing, Istanbul, Turkey
Gerontology 54:224-31. 2008
..Urinary incontinence is an annoying, uncomfortable and unpleasant condition affecting the elderly. The problem of bedwetting and other urinary complaints are common in rest homes...
- Prevalence and risk factors for low sexual function in women: a study of 1,009 women in an outpatient clinic of a university hospital in Istanbul
Istanbul University Florence Nightingale School of Nursing, Department of Obstetric and Gynecologic Nursing, Istanbul, Turkey
J Sex Med 5:2044-52. 2008
..Sexual functioning is a common and multidimensional problem, associated with multiple biological, medical, psychological, sociocultural, political, economic, and interpersonal factors...
- Urinary incontinence (UI) and quality of life (QoL) of the elderly residing in residential homes in Turkey
Istanbul University, Florence Nightingale Hemsirelik Yuksekokulu, Abide i Hurriyet cad, 34381 Sisli, Istanbul, Turkey
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 49:304-10. 2009
..We concluded that UI negatively affects the QoL of older people living in residential homes. In particular, women and patients suffering from UUI are more severely affected...
- The prevalence of and the related factors for urinary and fecal incontinence among older residing in nursing homes
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecologic Nursing, Istanbul University, Florence Nightingale Hemsirelik Yuksekokulu, Abide i Hurriyet cad, 34381, Sisli, Istanbul, Turkey
J Clin Nurs 18:3290-8. 2009
..To determine the prevalence of urinary incontinence and fecal incontinence among older people residing in nursing homes in Istanbul...
- Overview of the social impact of urinary incontinence with a focus on Turkish women
Nezihe Kizilkaya Beji
Istanbul University, Florence Nightingale College of Nursing, Department of Obstetric and Gynecologic Nursing, Istanbul, Turkey
Urol Nurs 30:327-34; quiz 335. 2010
..Consequently, there have been developments in Turkey related to the education of nurses...