- Comparison of patterns of use, beliefs, and attitudes related to waterpipe between beginning and established smokers
Syrian Center for Tobacco Studies, Aleppo, Syria
BMC Public Health 5:19. 2005
- Self-rated health and its determinants among adults in Syria: a model from the Middle East
Syrian Centre for Tobacco Studies, Aleppo, Syria
BMC Public Health 7:177. 2007
..This Study aims to investigate and compare determinants of SRH in adult men and women in Aleppo, Syria...
- Outcomes and adherence in Syria's first smoking cessation trial
Smoking Cessation Intervention Program, Syrian Center for Tobacco Studies, Aleppo, Syria
Am J Health Behav 32:146-56. 2008
..To determine the feasibility of implementing cessation interventions in Syria...
- Randomized trial of the effectiveness of combined behavioral/pharmacological smoking cessation treatment in Syrian primary care clinics
Kenneth D Ward
Division of Social and Behavioral Sciences, School of Public Health, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN 38152, USA
Addiction 108:394-403. 2013
..We evaluated whether nicotine patch boosts smoking cessation rates when used in conjunction with behavioral support in primary care clinics in Aleppo, Syria...
- Why most women in Syria do not smoke: can the passive barrier of traditions be replaced with an information-based one?
Syrian Center for Tobacco Studies, P O Box 12782, Aleppo, Syria
Public Health 117:237-41. 2003
..Better-educated women tended to have their own motives based on a more complete awareness of the smoking problem. Tobacco control efforts should aim at replacing the passive barrier of traditions with a well-informed positive one...
- Socio-demographic correlates of psychiatric morbidity among low-income women in Aleppo, Syria
Institute of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, Munster, Germany
Soc Sci Med 54:1419-27. 2002
..Our data show that mental distress is common in the studied population and that it is strongly associated with few, possibly modifiable, factors...
- Are waterpipe users interested in quitting?
Kenneth D Ward
University of Memphis Center for Community Health, Memphis, TN 38157, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 7:149-56. 2005
..Waterpipe use needs to be considered in developing effective tobacco use cessation programs in the Middle East...
- Physical abuse in low-income women in Aleppo, Syria
Institute of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, University of Muenster, Germany
Health Care Women Int 24:313-26. 2003
..Our data show that physical abuse is prevalent in this population and that women's education is the most important modifiable factor...