- An intention-to-treat by endovascular repair policy may reduce overall mortality in ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm
Vascular and Endovascular Unit, Belfast City Hospital, Belfast, United Kingdom
J Vasc Surg 44:467-71. 2006
..The aim of this study is to assess if the overall mortality in these patients with ruptured AAA may be reduced in a unit where all patients with ruptured AAA are considered first for EVAR...
- Retroperitoneal repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm reduces bowel dysfunction
Vascular Unit, Belfast City Hospital, Belfast, United Kingdom
Vasc Endovascular Surg 43:262-70. 2009
..To assess the effect of intestinal manipulation and mesenteric traction on gastro-intestinal function and postoperative recovery in patients undergoing abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) repair...
- Retroperitoneal approach to abdominal aortic aneurysm repair preserves splanchnic perfusion as measured by gastric tonometry
Vascular and Endovascular Unit, Belfast City Hospital, and Department of Medicine, Queen s University, Belfast, UK
Ann Vasc Surg 24:321-7. 2010
- Endoleak and endotension following open abdominal aortic aneurysm repair: a report of two cases
Regional Vascular and Endovascular Unit, Belfast City Hospital, Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland BT9 7AB, UK
Ann Vasc Surg 19:431-3. 2005
..We report a case of anastomotic leak presenting as type 1 endoleak and another of perigraft seroma causing recurrent pressurization, endotension, and expansion of the original aneurysm sac...
- Change in aneurysm diameter after stent-graft repair of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysms
Regional Vascular and Endovascular Unit, Belfast City Hospital, Northern Ireland, UK
J Endovasc Ther 11:319-22. 2004
..To compare the changes in aneurysm size following endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR) for ruptured versus elective abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA)...
- Effects of antioxidants on endothelial function in human saphenous vein in an ex vivo model
Muhammed Anees Sharif
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Belfast City Hospital, Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7AB, Northern Ireland, UK
Angiology 60:448-54. 2009
..5% vs 38.3%, P < .001). These results suggest that the addition of MnTBAP and high-dose vitamin C can improve the endothelial function of harvested saphenous vein segments in an ex vivo model...