- Efficacy of neurofeedback treatment in ADHD: the effects on inattention, impulsivity and hyperactivity: a meta-analysis
Brainclinics Diagnostics, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin EEG Neurosci 40:180-9. 2009
- Non-linear EEG analyses predict non-response to rTMS treatment in major depressive disorder
Research Institute Brainclinics, 6524AD Nijmegen, The Netherlands Utrecht University, Department of Experimental Psychology, Utrecht, The Netherlands Electronic address
Clin Neurophysiol 125:1392-9. 2014
..In this study we investigated the added value of non-linear EEG metrics in the alpha band in predicting treatment outcome to repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS)...
- Evaluation of neurofeedback in ADHD: the long and winding road
Research Institute Brainclinics, Nijmegen, The Netherlands Utrecht University, Dept Experimental Psychology, Utrecht, The Netherlands Electronic address
Biol Psychol 95:108-15. 2014
..The paper ends with an outlook on future questions and tasks. It is concluded that future controlled clinical trials should, in a next step, focus on such known protocols, and be designed along the lines of learning theory. ..
- Geographic variation in the prevalence of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: the sunny perspective
Department of Experimental Psychology, Utrecht University, Utrecht, the Netherlands Research Institute Brainclinics, Nijmegen, The Netherlands Electronic address
Biol Psychiatry 74:585-90. 2013
..Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is the most common psychiatric disorder of childhood, with average worldwide prevalence of 5.3%, varying by region...
- A decade of EEG Theta/Beta Ratio Research in ADHD: a meta-analysis
Research Institute Brainclinics, Nijmegen, Netherlands
J Atten Disord 17:374-83. 2013
..Many EEG studies have reported that ADHD is characterized by elevated Theta/Beta ratio (TBR). In this study we conducted a meta-analysis on the TBR in ADHD...
- Neurophysiological predictors of non-response to rTMS in depression
Research Institute Brainclinics, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Brain Stimul 5:569-76. 2012
..The application of rTMS in Depression has been very well investigated over the last few years. However, little is known about predictors of non-response associated with rTMS treatment...
- The effects of QEEG-informed neurofeedback in ADHD: an open-label pilot study
Research Institute Brainclinics, Bijleveldsingel Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback 37:171-80. 2012
..A slow anterior iAPF at baseline predicts poor treatment response on comorbid depressive complaints in line with studies in depression. The effects of SMR neurofeedback resulted in specific ERP and EEG changes...
- EEG phenotypes predict treatment outcome to stimulants in children with ADHD
Brainclinics Diagnostics B V Brainclinics Treatment B V Bijleveldsingel, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Integr Neurosci 7:421-38. 2008
..Investigating EEG phenotypes provides a promising new way to approach EEG data, explaining much of the variance in EEGs and thereby potentially leading to more specific prospective treatment outcomes...
- The increase in theta/beta ratio on resting-state EEG in boys with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder is mediated by slow alpha peak frequency
Marieke M Lansbergen
Department of Psychiatry, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 35:47-52. 2011
..Future research should elucidate the functional role of resting-state brain oscillations by investigating neurophysiological subgroups, which may have a clearer relation to cognitive functions than single frequency bands...
- EEG findings in burnout patients
Gilles van Luijtelaar
Radboud University Nijmegen, PO Box 9104, 6500 HE, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 22:208-17. 2010
..Our preliminary findings suggest that burnout might be considered as a separate clinical syndrome...
- Long-term effects of left frontal rTMS on EEG and ERPs in patients with depression
Brainclinics Diagnostics B V, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin EEG Neurosci 39:118-24. 2008
..The findings from this pilot study require future replication with larger sample sizes...
- Electroencephalographic, personality, and executive function measures associated with frequent mobile phone use
Brain Resource International Database, Brain Resource Company BV, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Int J Neurosci 117:1341-60. 2007
..e., frequently making phone calls in distracting places), rather than a direct effect of mobile phone use on cognition...
- Neurodegenerative properties of chronic pain: cognitive decline in patients with chronic pancreatitis
Marijtje L A Jongsma
Donders Centre for Cognition, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e23363. 2011
..Therefore, early and effective therapeutic interventions might reduce or prevent decline in cognitive performance, thereby improving outcomes and quality of life in these patients...
- P300 development across the lifespan: a systematic review and meta-analysis
Rik van Dinteren
Research Institute Brainclinics, Nijmegen, The Netherlands Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition, and Behaviour, Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 9:e87347. 2014
..g. memory, attention, executive function). This paper reviews the development of the auditory P300 across the lifespan...
- EEG alpha power as an intermediate measure between brain-derived neurotrophic factor Val66Met and depression severity in patients with major depressive disorder
Harriët F A Zoon
Research Institute Brainclinics, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Clin Neurophysiol 30:261-7. 2013
..Additional research is needed for the clarification of this tentative pathway and its implication in personalized treatment of major depressive disorder...