Affiliation: Yerevan State University
- Gabrielyan L, Hakobyan L, Trchounian A. Comparative effects of Ni(II) and Cu(II) ions and their combinations on redox potential and hydrogen photoproduction by Rhodobacter sphaeroides. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2016;164:271-275 pubmed publisher..Thus, the results obtained point out discrimination between Cu2+ and Ni2+ and their combinations effects and reveal new regulatory pathways to enhance H2 yield in R. sphaeroides. ..
- Bazukyan I, Matevosyan L, Toplaghaltsyan A, Trchounian A. Antifungal activity of lactobacilli isolated from Armenian dairy products: an effective strain and its probable nature. AMB Express. 2018;8:87 pubmed publisher..rhamnosus antifungal activity associated with bacterial cell wall. L. rhamnosus MDC 9661 could be recommended as a starter for production of dairy products, functional food and preserving strain in food production. ..
- Grigoryan S, Bazukyan I, Trchounian A. Aggregation and Adhesion Activity of Lactobacilli Isolated from Fermented Products In Vitro and In Vivo: a Potential Probiotic Strain. Probiotics Antimicrob Proteins. 2018;10:269-276 pubmed publisher..Thus, INRA-2010-H11 demonstrated a high aggregation and adhesion activity so it has the potential as a good probiotic strain. ..
- Toplaghaltsyan A, Bazukyan I, Trchounian A. The Effects of Different Carbon Sources on the Antifungal Activity by Lactic Acid Bacteria. Curr Microbiol. 2017;74:168-174 pubmed publisher..The results could be applied in food industry, medicine, and veterinary. ..
- Soghomonyan D, Trchounian K, Trchounian A. Millimeter waves or extremely high frequency electromagnetic fields in the environment: what are their effects on bacteria?. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2016;100:4761-71 pubmed publisher..The effects might have applications in the development of technique, therapeutic practices, and food protection technology. ..
- Hakobyan L, Harutyunyan K, Harutyunyan N, Melik Andreasyan G, Trchounian A. Adhesive Properties and Acid-Forming Activity of Lactobacilli and Streptococci Under Inhibitory Substances, Such as Nitrates. Curr Microbiol. 2016;72:776-82 pubmed publisher..Thus, the L. acidophilus Ep 317/402 with high adhesive properties has demonstrated a higher activity of NO3 (-) transformation. ..
- Ginovyan M, Keryan A, Bazukyan I, Ghazaryan P, Trchounian A. The large scale antibacterial, antifungal and anti-phage efficiency of Petamcin-A: new multicomponent preparation for skin diseases treatment. Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob. 2015;14:28 pubmed publisher..Moreover, taking into account that Petamcin-A has no observable toxicity on skin and its components are not expensive, it can be advantageous for management of various skin medical conditions. ..
- Avetisyan A, Markosian A, Petrosyan M, Sahakyan N, Babayan A, Aloyan S, et al. Chemical composition and some biological activities of the essential oils from basil Ocimum different cultivars. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:60 pubmed publisher..The results obtained indicate that these essential oils have antioxidant, antibacterial and antifungal activity and can be used as natural antioxidant and antimicrobial agents in medicine, food industry and cosmetics. ..
- Ginovyan M, Petrosyan M, Trchounian A. Antimicrobial activity of some plant materials used in Armenian traditional medicine. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:50 pubmed publisher..Some of the plants had rather low minimum bacteriostatic/bactericidal concentrations and therefore they have prospective for further more inclusive studies. ..
- Trchounian A, Kobayashi H. K+ uptake by fermenting Escherichia coli cells: pH dependent mode of the TrkA system operating. Biosci Rep. 2000;20:277-88 pubmed..0 than that for cells grown at pH 7.3; (4) the DCCD-inhibited ATPase activity of membrane vesicles from bacteria grown at pH 9.0 was reduced a little in the presence of 100 mM K+, but stimulated more than 2.4-fold at pH 7.3. ..
- Shahinyan G, Margaryan A, Panosyan H, Trchounian A. Identification and sequence analyses of novel lipase encoding novel thermophillic bacilli isolated from Armenian geothermal springs. BMC Microbiol. 2017;17:103 pubmed publisher..The results are spreading light on the lipase producing bacilli distribution in geothermal springs in Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh. Newly isolated bacilli strains could be prospective source for thermostable lipases and their genes. ..
- Gabrielyan L, Hakobyan L, Trchounian A. Characterization of light-dependent hydrogen production by new green microalga Parachlorella kessleri in various conditions. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;175:207-210 pubmed publisher..This study was significant to find out available effective substrates and optimal lighting regime to provide with light-dependent H2 production by microalgae. ..
- Soghomonyan D, Margaryan A, Trchounian K, Ohanyan K, Badalyan H, Trchounian A. The Effects of Low Doses of Gamma-Radiation on Growth and Membrane Activity of Pseudomonas aeruginosa GRP3 and Escherichia coli M17. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2018;76:209-217 pubmed publisher..The results obtained suggest that these bacteria especially, P. aeruginosa are sensitive to ? radiation and might be used for developing new monitoring methods for estimating environmental changes after ? irradiation. ..
- Trchounian K, Poladyan A, Vassilian A, Trchounian A. Multiple and reversible hydrogenases for hydrogen production by Escherichia coli: dependence on fermentation substrate, pH and the F(0)F(1)-ATPase. Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;47:236-49 pubmed publisher..Moreover, a novel approach would be the use of glycerol as feedstock in fermentation processes leading to H(2) production, reduced fuels and other chemicals with higher yields than those obtained by common sugars. ..
- Trchounian A. Escherichia coli proton-translocating F0F1-ATP synthase and its association with solute secondary transporters and/or enzymes of anaerobic oxidation-reduction under fermentation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;315:1051-7 pubmed..These associations can result from a protein-protein interaction by dithiol-disulfide interchange. In such associations F0F1 has novel functions in bacterial cell physiology. ..