- Fine-needle aspiration of clinically suspicious palpable breast masses with histopathologic correlation
Department of Pathology, Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Surg 184:410-3. 2002
..The purpose of this study was to compare the diagnostic accuracy of fine-needle aspiration (FNA) of clinically suspicious palpable breast masses in women younger and older than 40 years of age...
- Correlation of her-2/neu gene amplification with other prognostic and predictive factors in female breast carcinoma
Department of Pathology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
Breast J 11:278-80. 2005
..No correlation was found between size of the tumor and age of the patient with Her-2/neu amplification...
- Assessment of Her-2/Neu status by immunohistochemistry and fluorescence in situ hybridization in mammary Paget disease and underlying carcinoma
Joseph M Anderson
Department of Pathology, Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 11:120-4. 2003
..Moreover, all of the cases negative for HER-2 overexpression expressed ER, whereas those positive for HER-2 did not...
- The challenging estrogen receptor-negative/ progesterone receptor-negative/HER-2-negative patient: a promising candidate for epidermal growth factor receptor-targeted therapy?
Kalliopi P Siziopikou
Department of Pathology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Breast J 12:360-2. 2006
- Splenic fine needle aspiration and core biopsy. A review of 49 cases
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, USA
Acta Cytol 47:951-9. 2003
..To analyze the authors' experience with splenic fine needle aspiration (sFNA) and splenic core biopsy (sCB) and to examine their roles in patients with splenomegaly or splenic mass lesions...
- Fine-needle aspiration of subcutaneous panniculitis-like T-cell lymphoma
Department of Pathology, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Rush University, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 31:338-9. 2004
..To the best of our knowledge, the cytological features on FNA material of SCPTCL have not been described...
- Fine-needle aspiration of superficial and deeply seated lymph nodes on patients with and without a history of malignancy: review of 439 cases
Kristian T Schafernak
Senior Medical Student, Rush University, Chicago, Illinois
Diagn Cytopathol 29:315-9. 2003
..41%). Knowing whether a patient has a history of malignancy provides the appropriate level of suspicion for ordering ancillary investigations or even recommending excisional biopsy for further evaluation...
- Kikuchi-Fujimoto disease: hydroxychloroquine as a treatment
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, John H Stroger Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Clin Infect Dis 39:e124-6. 2004
..We describe a case of recurrent Kikuchi's disease in a South Asian-American man that was treated successfully with chloroquine and on recurrence with hydroxychloroquine. Each treatment led to a very prompt response...