Affiliation: Universidad Austral
- Noncirrhotic portal hypertension: another cause of liver disease in HIV patientsManuel Mendizabal
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Ann Hepatol 8:390-5. 2009..Prolonged exposure to ART, specially ddl, can play a pathogenic role. Rarely, liver synthetic function is sufficiently severe to warrant liver transplantation...
- Post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder in adult liver transplant recipients: a South American multicenter experienceManuel Mendizabal
Hepatology and Liver Transplant Unit, Hospital Universitario Austral, Pilar, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Clin Transplant 27:E469-77. 2013..66, p = 0.02), stage III/IV PTLD (HR 5.34, p = 0.004), and HCV infection (HR 7.68, p = 0.01). In conclusion, PTLD in OLT adult recipients is predominantly extranodal, and although mortality is high, long-term survival is possible...
- Liver transplantation in patients with cystic fibrosis: analysis of United Network for Organ Sharing dataManuel Mendizabal
Unidad de Hígado y Trasplante Hepático, Hospital Universitario Austral, Pilar, Argentina
Liver Transpl 17:243-50. 2011..Despite such observations, a survival benefit was noted in transplant patients versus those who remained on the waiting list...
- Neurological events after liver transplantation: a single-center experienceFederico PiÃ±ero
Hepatology and Liver Transplant Unit, Hospital Universitario Austral, Pilar, Provincia de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Transpl Int 27:1244-52. 2014..0% as scores rose from 0 to 3, 4, 6-7 and 10 cumulative points, respectively. The score described helps to identify patients potentially at risk for neurologic events, and its prevention would decrease morbidity and mortality after LT. ..
- Changing etiologies and outcomes of acute liver failure: perspectives from 6 transplant centers in ArgentinaManuel Mendizabal
Hepatology and Liver Transplant Unit, Hospital Universitario Austral, Pilar, Argentina
Liver Transpl 20:483-9. 2014..A MELD score ≥ 29 and an encephalopathy grade ≥ 3 at admission were associated with death. The MELD score at admission showed the highest prognostic accuracy...
- Current management of hepatocellular carcinomaManuel Mendizabal
Servicio de Hepatologia, Trasplante Hepático y Cirugía Hepatobiliar, Hospital Universitario Austral, Pilar, Argentina
Med Clin North Am 93:885-900, viii. 2009..A multikinase inhibitor, sorafenib, is the first molecular targeted oral therapy that has recently been shown to provide a survival benefit in HCC in select patients...