Affiliation: Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Trichilia glabra: effect on the phagocytic activity and respiratory burst response of peritoneal macrophagesF Benencia
Department of Biological Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Immunopharmacology 41:45-53. 1999..A low molecular weight fraction is responsible for the reported activities...
- In vivo and in vitro immunomodulatory activities of Trichilia glabra aqueous leaf extractsF Benencia
Dpto Química Biológica, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Pabellon II, Piso 4, Ciudad Universitaria, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Ethnopharmacol 69:199-205. 2000..Besides, the extract significantly diminished both antibody and delayed hypersensitivity responses in treated mice. These results suggest that the extract exerts a marked immunomodulatory effect on the murine immune system...
- Anti-inflammatory activities of Trichilia glabra aqueous leaf extractF Benencia
Laboratory of Virology, Faculty of Science, University of Buenos Aires, Pabellon II, Piso 4, Ciudad Universitaria, 1428 Nuñez, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Ethnopharmacol 71:293-300. 2000..In particular, a significant reduction in the phagocytic capability and respiratory burst response of mouse polymorphonuclear leukocytes together with an inhibition in the hemolytic activity of mouse complement was observed...
- In vitro and in vivo activity of eugenol on human herpesvirusF Benencia
Departamento Química Biológica, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Pabellon II, Piso 4, Ciudad Universitaria, 1428 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Phytother Res 14:495-500. 2000..Eugenol-acyclovir combinations synergistically inhibited herpesvirus replication in vitro. Topical application of eugenol delayed the development of herpesvirus induced keratitis in the mouse model...
- Effect of aminoguanidine, a nitric oxide synthase inhibitor, on ocular infection with herpes simplex virus in Balb/c miceF Benencia
Laboratory of Immunochemistry, Department of Biological Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of Buenos Aires, Pabellon II, Piso 4, Ciudad Universitaria, 1428 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 42:1277-84. 2001..To study the effect of aminoguanidine (AMG), an inhibitor of nitric oxide production, on the ocular infection of Balb/c mice with herpes simplex virus (HSV) type 1 strain F and HSV-2 strain G...
- In vitro antiphagocytic effect of basil oil on mouse macrophagesM C Courreges
Experimental Pathology, Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Fitoterapia 73:369-74. 2002..This inhibition was both dose- and time-dependent and reverted 24 h after removing the extract from the culture medium. On the other hand, the oil showed no effect on concanavalin A and lipopolysaccharide-induced proliferation...
- Antiviral activity of an acidic polysaccharides fraction extracted from Cedrela tubiflora leavesM I Craig
Laboratorio de Virologia, Dpto Química Biológica, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Pabellon II, Piso 4, Ciudad Universitaria, 1428, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Fitoterapia 72:113-9. 2001..This fraction inhibited the replication of HSV-2 and VSV, while the replication of poliovirus was not affected. APS was not virucidal, but no cytotoxicity was present in the different concentrations of APS assayed...