Sergio A Strejilevich
- Cognitive and motor features in elderly people with bipolar disorderDiego J Martino
Favaloro Foundation, Neurosciences Institute, Bipolar Disorders Program, 1428 Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Affect Disord 105:291-5. 2008..The aim of this study was to compare the cognitive and motor functioning between elderly euthymic patients with bipolar disorder (BD) and healthy controls, as well as to determine the degree of correlation with psychosocial functioning...
- Heterogeneity in cognitive functioning among patients with bipolar disorderDiego J Martino
Bipolar Disorders Program, Psychiatry Department, Neurosciences Institute, Favaloro Foundation, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Affect Disord 109:149-56. 2008..Nowadays it is not clear if in bipolar disorders (BD) cognitive impairments are heterogeneous and if so which are the variables that determine it...
- Neurocognitive impairments and their relationship with psychosocial functioning in euthymic bipolar II disorderDiego J Martino
Bipolar Disorders Program, Neurosciences Institute, Favaloro University, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Nerv Ment Dis 199:459-64. 2011..Patients with BDII have cognitive impairments, and this has a negative influence on their functional outcome. Our results bring additional support to the notion that BDII disorder is not a merely mild type of BDI...
- Relationship between neurocognitive functioning and episode recurrences in bipolar disorderDiego J Martino
Bipolar Disorders Program, Neuroscience Institute, Favaloro University, Congreso 2477, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Affect Disord 147:345-51. 2013..The aim of this study was to compare time to recurrence between patients with and without clinically significant cognitive impairment...
- Long-term worsening of bipolar disorder related with frequency of antidepressant exposureSergio A Strejilevich
Bipolar Disorders Program, Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Cognitive Neurology, Favaloro Foundation Neuroscience Institute, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Ann Clin Psychiatry 23:186-92. 2011..The aim of this study of 53 persons with bipolar disorder (BD) was to evaluate the relationship between history of exposure to antidepressants (AD) and mood stabilizers (MS) and the percentage of time spent ill...
- [Resistance in the treatment of bipolar disorder: conceptual issues and therapeutic consequences]Sergio A Strejilevich
Instituto de Neurología Cognitiva, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Vertex 16:454-9. 2005..Certain psychotherapies and pharmacological tools do at least share a level of consensus that grant their suggestion in cases of poor response to conventional therapeutics...
- Cognitive function in adulthood and elderly euthymic bipolar patients: a comparison to test models of cognitive evolutionSergio A Strejilevich
Bipolar Disorder Program, Neurosciences Institute, Favaloro University, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Affect Disord 150:1188-91. 2013..Data about cognitive dysfunction evolution are scarce and contradictory. While some studies showed a progressive pattern others have found a stable form of evolution...
- A quantitative review of neurocognition in euthymic late-life bipolar disorderCecilia Samamé
Bipolar Disorders Program, Institute of Neurosciences, Favaloro University, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Bipolar Disord 15:633-44. 2013..The aim of this study was to combine findings from the available literature in order to examine the pattern and extent of cognitive deficits in euthymic late-life bipolar disorder subjects...
- Bipolar disorders and affective temperaments: a national family study testing the "endophenotype" and "subaffective" theses using the TEMPS-A Buenos AiresGustavo H Vazquez
Department of Neuroscience, University of Palermo, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Affect Disord 108:25-32. 2008....
- Lack of extrapyramidal side effects predicts quality of life in outpatients treated with clozapine or with typical antipsychoticsSergio A Strejilevich
Servicio de Psicopatología, Hospital General de Agudos Parmenio Piñero, Av Varela 1301, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Psychiatry Res 133:277-80. 2005..Groups did not differ in symptom severity or QOL. Clozapine caused fewer extrapyramidal symptoms. Negative and extrapyramidal symptoms predicted QOL. Similar outcome in both groups suggests a common ceiling to antipsychotic efficacy...
- Visuospatial deficits in schizophrenia: central executive and memory subsystems impairmentsEduardo A Leiderman
Asociación AREA de investigación y desarrollo en Salud Mental, and Department of Psychology, Universidad de Palermo, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Schizophr Res 68:217-23. 2004..The pattern of deficits observed points to a codification or evocation deficit and not to a maintenance one...