S D Rosenzweig
- Thirteen years of culture-positive M. bovis-BCG infection in an IL-12Rbeta1 deficient patient: treatment and outcomeS D Rosenzweig
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital Nacional de Pediatria J P Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Infect 52:e69-72. 2006..A combined parenteral and enteral anti-mycobacterial treatment, including recombinant IFNgamma, helped to clear his infection...
- Inflammatory manifestations in chronic granulomatous disease (CGD)S D Rosenzweig
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital Nacional de Pediatria J P Garrahan, Combate de los Pozos 1881, 1245 Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Clin Immunol 28:S67-72. 2008..In this review we will focus our attention on those particular inflammatory manifestations associated with CGD, their frequencies and the underlying immunologic mechanisms favoring it occurrence...
- Chronic granulomatous disease: complications and managementSergio D Rosenzweig
, , Combate de los Pozos 1881 1245, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Expert Rev Clin Immunol 5:45-53. 2009..Very encouraging and promising results have been recently achieved, with definitive and curative options for this disease now available...
- A 475 years-old founder effect involving IL12RB1: a highly prevalent mutation conferring Mendelian Susceptibility to Mycobacterial Diseases in European descendantsJ Yancoski
Hospital Nacional de Pediatria JP Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Infect Genet Evol 9:574-80. 2009..The reason(s) behind the persistency of this mutation across multiple generations, its relative high prevalence, and any potential selective advantage are yet to be established...
- Penicillium piceum infection: diagnosis and successful treatment in chronic granulomatous diseaseP E Santos
, , Buenos Aires, Argentina
Med Mycol 44:749-53. 2006..Microbiological, microscopic and molecular studies support the fungal diagnosis. P. piceum should be considered as a relevant pathogen in immunocompromised patients...
- Clinical and histopathological features and a unique spectrum of organisms significantly associated with chronic granulomatous disease osteomyelitis during childhoodM L Galluzzo
Servicio de Patologia, Hospital Nacional de Pediatria J P Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Clin Infect Dis 46:745-9. 2008..In patients with these findings, anti-infective prophylactic measures aiming to cover highly prevalent microorganisms, as well as aggressive therapeutic measures, should be strongly encouraged...