Bernardo A Pons Estel
- The GLADEL multinational Latin American prospective inception cohort of 1,214 patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: ethnic and disease heterogeneity among "Hispanics"Bernardo A Pons-Estel
Servicio de Reumatologia, Hospital Escuela Eva Perón, Granadero Baigorria, Rosario, Argentina
Medicine (Baltimore) 83:1-17. 2004..quot;Hispanics," as they have come to be generically termed on the basis of language, actually constitute a markedly heterogeneous group of subjects...
- Familial aggregation of systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, and other autoimmune diseases in 1,177 lupus patients from the GLADEL cohortDonato Alarcon-Segovia
University of Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 52:1138-47. 2005..To determine whether there is familial aggregation of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and/or other autoimmune diseases in SLE patients and to identify clinical differences between patients with and those without familial autoimmunity...
- Chromosome 17p12-q11 harbors susceptibility loci for systemic lupus erythematosusCecilia M Johansson
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Unit for Medical Genetics, Rudbeck Laboratory, University of Uppsala, , Uppsala, Sweden
Hum Genet 115:230-8. 2004..Several other interesting regions were found at 1p35, 1q31, 3q26, 5p15, 11q23 and 19q13, confirming previously identified loci for SLE or other autoimmune diseases...
- Analysis of IRF5 gene functional polymorphisms in rheumatoid arthritisBlanca Rueda
Instituto de Biomedicina López Neyra, Granada, Spain
Arthritis Rheum 54:3815-9. 2006..The aim of this study was to analyze the possible contribution of the IRF5 gene to the predisposition to rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Functional variants in the B-cell gene BANK1 are associated with systemic lupus erythematosusSergey V Kozyrev
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, Uppsala University, Uppsala 75185, Sweden
Nat Genet 40:211-6. 2008..The disease-associated variants could contribute to sustained B cell-receptor signaling and B-cell hyperactivity characteristic of this disease...
- Corrigendum: Functional variants in the B-cell gene BANK1 are associated with systemic lupus erythematosusSergey V Kozyrev
Nat Genet 40:484. 2008