- [Inter-society consensus for the management of respiratory infections: acute bronchitis and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease]Gustavo Lopardo
Sociedad Argentina de Infectología, Argentina
Medicina (B Aires) 73:163-73. 2013..Moderate and severe episodes must be treated with antibiotics, amoxicillin/ beta-lactamase inhibitor, macrolides and fluoroquinolones are first choice drugs...
- Short communication: fasting increases serum concentrations of bilirubin in patients receiving atazanavir: results from a pilot studyGustavo Lopardo
Fundación del Centro de Estudios Infectológicos, FUNCEI, Buenos Aires, Argentina
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 29:456-60. 2013..A high-calorie diet did not have any impact in bilirubin probably because most patients follow similar diets in their everyday life...
- [Consensus guidelines for the management of upper respiratory tract infections]Gustavo Lopardo
Sociedad Argentina de Infectología SADI, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Medicina (B Aires) 72:484-94. 2012..Diagnosis is based on physical examination and additional studies are not usually required. Acute bacterial sinusitis is caused by the same pathogens that cause AOM and amoxicillin is the drug of choice...
- Update on primary HIV-1 resistance in Argentina: emergence of mutations conferring high-level resistance to nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors in drug-naive patientsAlejandro Petroni
Fundación de Ayuda al Inmunodeficiente, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 42:506-10. 2006..The greater than 5% resistance threshold found indicates a need for sentinel resistance surveillances calling for an update in the current resistance testing guidelines in Argentina...
- Severe acute respiratory disease in health-care workers during the influenza H1N1 pandemic in ArgentinaDaniel Pryluka
Otamendi Private Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Infect Dev Ctries 7:36-40. 2013..The aim of this study was to estimate the risk for severe acute respiratory disease (SARD) in this population during the pandemic period in Argentina...