Affiliation: Hepatology Section
- Healthcare personnel infected with novel influenza A H1N1 virus in university hospitals in Buenos Aires, ArgentinaMarcia Querci
Division of Infectious Diseases, Centro de Educación Médica e Investigaciones Clínicas Norberto Quirno CEMIC, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Scand J Infect Dis 43:70-4. 2011..A high proportion of HCP with an ILI were infected with H1N1. Complication rates were relatively low. Prior prophylaxis with oseltamivir was associated with a lower risk of developing H1N1...
- Use of PCR to demonstrate presence of adenovirus species B, C, or F as well as coinfection with two adenovirus species in children with flu-like symptomsMarcela Echavarria
Clinical Virology Laboratory, CEMIC, Av Galvan 4102 C1431FWO, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Clin Microbiol 44:625-7. 2006..Coinfection with two AdV species and the presence of species F in respiratory samples are novel findings that should be further investigated...
- [BK virus nephropathy after renal transplantation. Diagnosis and prognosis by real time PCR]Marcela Echavarria
Laboratorio de Virología Clínica, Centro de Educación Médica e Investigaciones Clínicas CEMIC, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Medicina (B Aires) 67:719-22. 2007..In the present study, we describe the validation of a real time PCR method for BK virus detection in plasma and urine and its application for diagnosis and monitoring in a renal transplant patient with nephropathy...
- Adenoviruses in immunocompromised hostsMarcela Echavarria
Clinical Virology Laboratory, Centro de Educación Médica e Investigaciones Clínicas, University Hospital, Galvan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Clin Microbiol Rev 21:704-15. 2008..The development of improved adenovirus therapy still remains a challenge. Adenovirus genetic diversity should be considered for diagnosis, typing, and therapeutic interventions...
- Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 cases, Buenos Aires, ArgentinaMarcela Echavarria
Centro de Educacion Medica e Investigaciones Clinicas University Hospital, Galvan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Emerg Infect Dis 16:311-3. 2010..Of 513 patients tested, 54% were positive for influenza virus subtype H1N1. Infection rate was lowest for patients >or=60 years of age...
- Rhinovirus detection by real-time RT-PCR in children with acute respiratory infection in Buenos Aires, ArgentinaDébora N Marcone
Unidad de Virología y Laboratorio de Virología Clínica, Centro de Educación Médica e Investigaciones Clínicas CEMIC Hospital Universitario Av Galván 4102, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Argent Microbiol 44:259-65. 2012..Wheezing episodes were more frequent in HRV positive patients (43.5 %) than in HRV negative patients (18.2 %) (p = 0.041). This study describes the utility and clinical sensitivity of an adapted real-time RT-PCR assay for HRV detection...
- Evidence of human metapneumovirus in children in ArgentinaMonica Galiano
Clinical Virology Laboratory, CEMIC University Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Med Virol 72:299-303. 2004..This evidence strongly suggests that hMPV is a common pathogen with a wide geographical distribution, which should be included in the routine diagnosis of respiratory viruses in young children...
- [Rhinoviruses. Frequency in nonhospitalized children with acute respiratory infection]Débora N Marcone
Unidad de Virología y Laboratorio de Virología, Hospital Universitario CEMIC, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Medicina (B Aires) 72:28-32. 2012..91; p = 0.012), and were detected as the sole etiologic agent in 28% of bronchiolitis...
- Real time PCR for rapid determination of susceptibility of adenovirus to antiviral drugsRosana Gainotti
Laboratorio de Virología Clínica, CEMIC, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Virol Methods 164:30-4. 2010..9938 and r(2)=0.9468, respectively). In conclusion, the real time PCR-based antiviral assay is rapid, reproducible and could replace classical and more labor-intensive infectivity assays...
- Viral etiology of acute respiratory infections in hospitalized and outpatient children in Buenos Aires, ArgentinaDébora Natalia Marcone
Virology Unit and Clinical Virology Laboratory, Centro de Educacion Medica e Investigaciones Clinicas University Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:e105-10. 2013..To determine and compare the viral frequency, seasonality and clinical-demographic features in 2 groups of children (hospitalized versus outpatients) with acute respiratory infections...
- Epidemiological study of influenza virus infections in young adult outpatients from Buenos Aires, ArgentinaCecilia Santamaría
Internal Medicine, CEMIC, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Influenza Other Respi Viruses 2:131-4. 2008..Influenza virus is the most common cause of influenza-like illness (ILI) in adults. In Argentina, studies on influenza and other respiratory viruses were performed mostly in pediatric populations...