- [An assessment of the severity, proportionality and risk of mortality of very low birth weight infants with fetal growth restriction. A multicenter South American analysis]Carlos Grandi
Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Pediatr (Rio J) 81:198-204. 2005....
- [Patient volume, medical and nursing staffing and its relationship with risk-adjusted outcomes of VLBW infants in 15 Neocosur neonatal network NICUs]Carlos Grandi
Epidemiología Perinatal y Bioestadística, Hospital Materno Infantil Ramón Sardá Universidad de Buenos Aires
Arch Argent Pediatr 108:499-510. 2010..The purpose was to assess whether morbidity and mortality of VLBW infants are associated with levels of patient volume, provision and training of medical and nursing, and if exist differences between public and private centers...
- [Secular trend of birth weight in Argentina (1992-2002): a population based study]Carlos Grandi
Consejo de Investigación en Salud, Maternidad Sardá, Buenos Aires
Arch Argent Pediatr 106:219-25. 2008..500 g), very low birth weight (VLBW, < 1.500 g) and BW > or = 3.000 g of liveborn infants in Argentina; 2) calculate risks of LBW, VLBW and > or = 3.000 g; 3) influence of underreported birth weight...
- [Nutrition assessment during pregnancy. A new weight chart]Carlos Grandi
Epidemiología Perinatal y Bioestadística, Maternidad Sardá, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Medicina (B Aires) 67:677-84. 2007..The new reference charts of weight gain for pregnant women using maternal weight and BMI may be useful in prenatal care to asses nutritional status during pregnancy...
- [Placental lesions in teenager`s pregnancies of a public hospital of Argentina]Cintia Hernandorena
Hospital Materno Infantil Ramon Sarda, Unidad Anatomía Patológica, División Obstetricia, Epidemiología Perinatal y Bioestadística Luca 2151 1259, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Fac Cien Med Univ Nac Cordoba 69:7-14. 2012..The aim of this study was to describe placental weight and placental lesions and to estimate the risks of adolescent pregnancies compared with young adults mothers...
- The contribution of birth defects to spontaneous preterm birthCarlos Grandi
Perinatal Epidemiology and Biostatistics Unit, Hospital Materno Infantil Ramon Sarda, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Perinatol 24:487-92. 2007..That neonates with BDs are at risk for spontaneous preterm birth, regardless of other factors, should lead to a readjustment of health policies aimed at the reduction of preterm delivery...
- Reviewing old concepts at the start of a new millenium: growth restriction, adrenal hypoplasia, and thymomegaly in human anencephalyNancy Mazzitelli
Unit of Pathology, Hospital Materno Infantil Ramon Sarda, School of Medicine, University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Teratology 66:105-14. 2002..The aims of our study were to evaluate this relationship and to highlight the usefulness of anencephaly as a model when investigating immune-endocrine interactions...
- Hospital mortality of very low birth weight newborn infantsCarlos Grandi
J Pediatr (Rio J) 83:287; author reply 288. 2007
- A new score for predicting neonatal very low birth weight mortality risk in the NEOCOSUR South American NetworkGuillermo Marshall
Departamento de Salud Publica Universidad Catolica, Santiago, Chile
J Perinatol 25:577-82. 2005..To develop and validate a model for very low birth weight (VLBW) neonatal mortality prediction, based on commonly available data at birth, in 16 neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) from five South American countries...
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia: incidence, risk factors and resource utilization in a population of South American very low birth weight infantsJose L Tapia
Departamento de Pediatria, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Pediatr (Rio J) 82:15-20. 2006..To determine the incidence of bronchopulmonary dysplasia, its risk factors and resource utilization in a large South American population of very low birth weight infants...