- [An assessment of the severity, proportionality and risk of mortality of very low birth weight infants with fetal growth restriction. A multicenter South American analysis]Carlos Grandi
Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Pediatr (Rio J) 81:198-204. 2005....
- [Nutrition assessment during pregnancy. A new weight chart]Carlos Grandi
Epidemiología Perinatal y Bioestadística, Maternidad Sardá, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Medicina (B Aires) 67:677-84. 2007..The new reference charts of weight gain for pregnant women using maternal weight and BMI may be useful in prenatal care to asses nutritional status during pregnancy...
- [Secular trend of birth weight in Argentina (1992-2002): a population based study]Carlos Grandi
Consejo de Investigación en Salud, Maternidad Sardá, Buenos Aires
Arch Argent Pediatr 106:219-25. 2008..500 g), very low birth weight (VLBW, < 1.500 g) and BW > or = 3.000 g of liveborn infants in Argentina; 2) calculate risks of LBW, VLBW and > or = 3.000 g; 3) influence of underreported birth weight...
- [Patient volume, medical and nursing staffing and its relationship with risk-adjusted outcomes of VLBW infants in 15 Neocosur neonatal network NICUs]Carlos Grandi
Epidemiología Perinatal y Bioestadística, Hospital Materno Infantil Ramón Sardá Universidad de Buenos Aires
Arch Argent Pediatr 108:499-510. 2010..The purpose was to assess whether morbidity and mortality of VLBW infants are associated with levels of patient volume, provision and training of medical and nursing, and if exist differences between public and private centers...
- The contribution of birth defects to spontaneous preterm birthCarlos Grandi
Perinatal Epidemiology and Biostatistics Unit, Hospital Materno Infantil Ramon Sarda, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Perinatol 24:487-92. 2007..That neonates with BDs are at risk for spontaneous preterm birth, regardless of other factors, should lead to a readjustment of health policies aimed at the reduction of preterm delivery...
- Reviewing old concepts at the start of a new millenium: growth restriction, adrenal hypoplasia, and thymomegaly in human anencephalyNancy Mazzitelli
Unit of Pathology, , School of Medicine, University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Teratology 66:105-14. 2002..On the contrary, IUGR mainly exists in associated cases and thymus enlargement mainly exists in isolated cases, suggesting a relationship with the underlying cause...
- A new score for predicting neonatal very low birth weight mortality risk in the NEOCOSUR South American NetworkGuillermo Marshall
Departamento de Salud Publica Universidad Catolica, Santiago, Chile
J Perinatol 25:577-82. 2005..This is an important tool for comparison purposes among NICUs. This score may prove to be a better model for application in developing countries...
- Hospital mortality of very low birth weight newborn infantsCarlos Grandi
J Pediatr (Rio J) 83:287; author reply 288. 2007
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia: incidence, risk factors and resource utilization in a population of South American very low birth weight infantsJose L Tapia
Departamento de Pediatria, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Pediatr (Rio J) 82:15-20. 2006..To determine the incidence of bronchopulmonary dysplasia, its risk factors and resource utilization in a large South American population of very low birth weight infants...