- Feasibility of salt reduction in processed foods in ArgentinaDaniel Ferrante
Ministry of Health, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Panam Salud Publica 29:69-75. 2011..To assess an intervention to reduce salt intake based on an agreement with the food industry...
- [Tobacco use among secondary school students in Argentina]Fernando Verra
Programa Nacional de Control del Tabaco, Ministerio de Salud, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Panam Salud Publica 25:227-33. 2009..To evaluate the prevalence of smoking among Argentine adolescents and describe its usage, factors related to taking up the habit, and exposure to second-hand smoke in the home...
- Reduction in hospital admissions for acute coronary syndrome after the successful implementation of 100% smoke-free legislation in Argentina: a comparison with partial smoking restrictionsD Ferrante
Health Promotion Department, Ministry of Health, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Tob Control 21:402-6. 2012..Several studies have shown a decrease in acute coronary syndrome (ACS) admissions after the implementation of 100% smoke-free legislation. However, no studies have been conducted in developing countries...
- The impact of a 100% smoke-free law on the health of hospitality workers from the city of Neuquén, ArgentinaVeronica Schoj
GRANTAHI Programa de Control de Tabaco y Servicio de Medicina Familiar, Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Tob Control 19:134-7. 2010..The objective of this study was to evaluate the impact of 100% smoke-free environment legislation on respiratory and sensory irritation symptoms and respiratory function among bar and restaurant workers from the city of Neuquén, Argentina...
- The role of public policies in reducing smoking prevalence and deaths: the Argentina Tobacco Policy Simulation ModelDaniel Ferrante
Ministerio de Salud, Programa VIGI A, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Panam Salud Publica 21:37-49. 2007..To compare tobacco control policies independently and as a package through a simulation model to project smoking prevalence and associated future premature mortality in Argentina beginning in 2001...
- The rationale and design of the FORomegaARD Trial: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, independent study to test the efficacy of n-3 PUFA for the maintenance of normal sinus rhythm in patients with previous atrial fibrillationAlejandro Macchia
Fundación Grupo de Estudio en Investigación Clínica en Argentina, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am Heart J 157:423-7. 2009..Thus, the availability of safer and more effective drugs may reduce the burden of disease...