Affiliation: Facultad de Medicina
- [Disseminated maculopapular rash in a patient with AIDS]Humberto Metta
, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 23:571-2. 2005
- Spinal epidural abscess due to Mycobacterium tuberculosis in a patient with AIDS: case report and review of the literatureHumberto Metta
Unit 17 and Division of HIV AIDS, Infectious Diseases F J Muñiz Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Braz J Infect Dis 10:146-8. 2006..Early diagnosis, followed by specific therapy (surgical decompression combined with antituberculous drugs), is necessary to improve the prognosis of these kinds of patients...
- Disseminated infection due to Mycobacterium chelonae with scleritis, spondylodiscitis and spinal epidural abscessHumberto Metta
Unit 17, Division B, Infectious Diseases, FJ Muñiz Hospital and Santa Lucia Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Braz J Infect Dis 12:260-2. 2008..The antibiotic scheme of twenty-one weeks, during the follow-up period, controlled the infection, however, the optimum duration of treatment has not been established...
- Endobronchial leiomyoma: an unusual non-defining neoplasm in a patient with AIDSHumberto Metta
Infectious Diseases F J, Muñiz Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 51:53-5. 2009..In this case, we can not show the association with EBV. Our report suggests that smooth muscle tumors as leiomyoma should be included in the differential diagnosis of endobronchial masses in AIDS patients...
- Unusual case of plasmablastic non-Hodgkin's lymphoma located in the liver. First case reported in an AIDS patientHumberto Metta
HIV AIDS Division, Infectious Diseases F J Muñiz Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Ann Hepatol 8:242-5. 2009..Immunohistochemical and in situ hybridization revealed the Epstein-Barr virus genome in the atypical cells. Polymerase chain reaction was negative for HHV-8 RNA...
- Renal abscess due to Aspergillus fumigatus as the only sign of disseminated aspergillosis in a patient with AIDSHumberto Metta
Infectious Diseases F J Muñiz Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Iberoam Micol 27:136-9. 2010..Aspergillus fumigatus can cause a wide variety of clinical syndromes, especially in the three largest immunocompromised groups, such as HIV-infected patients. Primary renal aspergillosis is an extremely rare entity...
- Oligodendroglioma in a patient with AIDS: case report and review of the literatureMarcelo E Corti
Unit 10 and 16, Francisco J Muñiz Infectious Diseases Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 46:195-7. 2004..A microsurgical resection of the tumor was carried out and antiretroviral treatment was started. To date she is in good clinical condition, with undetectable plasma viral load and CD4 T cell count > 200 cell/uL...
- [Low grade oligodendroglioma in a patient with AIDS]Marcelo Corti
, Buenos Aires
Medicina (B Aires) 64:243. 2004
- [Acute phlegmonous gastritis in a patient with AIDS]Marcelo Corti
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 25:218-20. 2007