- Validation of the Spanish version of the Hip Outcome Score: a multicenter study
Artroscopia GC Fundación Garcia Cugat, Hospital Quirón Barcelona Spain, Pza, Alfonso Comín 5 7 Planta 1, 08023 Barcelona, Spain
Health Qual Life Outcomes 12:70. 2014
..The aim of the present study is to translate and validate HOS into Spanish...
- Transcultural adaptation and validation of the "Hip and Knee" questionnaire into Spanish
Orthopedic Department, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Passeig de la Vall d Hebron, 119 129, Barcelona 08035, Spain
Health Qual Life Outcomes 12:76. 2014
..The 'Hip and Knee Outcomes Questionnaire is a questionnaire planned to evaluate the impact in quality of life of any problem related to the human musculoskeletal system. 10 scientific associations developed it...
- New modified Achilles tendon allograft for treatment of chronic patellar tendon ruptures following total knee arthroplasty
Department of Orthopedics, Hospital Clinic Barcelona, Universitat de Barcelona, C Villarroel 170, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 134:713-7. 2014
..Patellar tendon rupture is an infrequent but debilitating lesion. Several surgical repairs have been suggested for patellar tendon rupture. Our aim is to propose a modified technique from the classic Achilles allograft procedure...
- Translation and validation of 'The Knee Society Clinical Rating System' into Spanish
Orthopedic Department, Hospital Clinic Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Villarroel St 170, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 21:2618-24. 2013
..The Knee Society Clinical Rating System (KSS) is a questionnaire evaluating knee function itself and the patient's ability to walk and climb stairs. The aim of our study is to present the validated translation of KSS into Spanish...
- [Anterior tibial tubercle fracture in teenagers. Clinical cases]
Hospital Quiron, Barcelona
Acta Ortop Mex 26:121-4. 2012
..Anterior tibial tubercle fractures are relatively infrequent and occur mainly in young athletes 14 to 17 years old. Most fractures result from jumping during sports activities...
- Knee arthroplasty and bleeding: when to remove drainages
Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Trauma, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, C Villarroel 170, Traumatologia, escalera 12 4, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 21:393-7. 2013
..We analysed the survival curve of bleeding within three surgical techniques for knee arthroplasty and the effect of two variables on survival curve...
- Treatment of fractures of the tibial tuberosity in adolescent soccer players
Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Unit, Artroscopia GC Fundación Garcia Cugat, Hospital Quiron, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Orthop Belg 77:78-82. 2011
..The technique used appeared to be safe. Screws were removed in 8 patients owing to local discomfort. All patients achieved the same competition level as before the injury...
- Proximal tibiofibular dislocation associated with fracture of the tibia: a case report
Hospital Quiron, Fundacion Garcia Cugat, Plaza Alfonso Comín 5, Barcelona 08023, Spain
Cases J 2:196. 2009
..We report a case of proximal tibiofibular dislocation associated with an ipsilateral tibial fracture, a rare association of injuries that can remain undiagnosed...
- Treatment and evolution of grade III acromioclavicular dislocations in soccer players
Mutualidad Catalana de Futbolistas de la Federación Española de Fútbol, Barcelona, Spain
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 21:1633-5. 2013
..To evaluate postoperative functional results in soccer players diagnosed with acute grade III acromioclavicular dislocation, stabilized with clavicular hook plate...
- Platelet-rich plasma for calcific tendinitis of the shoulder: a case report
Fundacion Garcia Cugat, Hospital Quiron, Barcelona, Spain
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 20:126-30. 2012
..At the one-year follow-up, the patient was pain-free and had complete resolution of calcific tendinitis. The patient had regained full range of movement and had resumed all her activities...
- Proximal disinsertion of the common extensor tendon for lateral elbow tendinopathy
Fundacion García Cugat Hospital Quiron Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 21:100-2. 2013
..To evaluate surgical outcomes of disinsertion of the common extensor tendon for lateral elbow tendinopathy...
- Infiltration of plasma rich in growth factors for osteoarthritis of the knee short-term effects on function and quality of life
Regenerative Medicine Department, Fundacion Garcia Cugat, Hospital Quiron Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 131:311-7. 2011
..Alternative and co-adjuvant therapies to improve the quality of life and physical function of affected patients are currently being sought...
- [Manipulation and preparation of Achilles allograft for reconstruction of anterior and posterior cruciate ligament]
Fundacion Garcia Cugat, Instituto de Traumatología Quirón, Hospital Quiron, Barcelona, Espana
Enferm Clin 20:305-8. 2010
..According to NIC the operations than can be performed by nursing are: * Surgical care...
- Multicentric liposarcoma
Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Orthop Belg 77:9-14. 2011
..Illustrative cases of multicentric liposarcoma from our Institution are presented...
- Delayed union of the clavicle treated with plasma rich in growth factors
Hospital Quiron, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Orthop Belg 76:689-93. 2010
..The patient regained complete mobility of the shoulder without pain. Currently she is able to carry out all the normal life activities and experiences no pain...
- Massive psoas haematoma causing lumbar plexus palsy: a case report
Department of Traumatology and Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital Municipal de Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 20:94-7. 2012
..The patient died 2 months later due to his concurrent medical problems. A high degree of suspicion is needed for the diagnosis because of the insidiously developing neurological deficit...
- Oncogenic osteomalacia: two case reports with surprisingly different outcomes
Fundacion Garcia Cugat Hospital Quiron, Cirugía Ortopédica y Traumatología, Planta 1, Pza Alfonso Comín 5 7, Barcelona 08023, Spain
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 129:533-9. 2009
..If scintigraphy of the tumor shows octreotide receptors, patients may respond partially to therapy with somatostatin analogs, with stabilization of the lesion...
- Avascular necrosis of the metacarpal head: Dieterich's disease
Hospital de Viladecans, Traumatologia 2a planta, Av de Gavà 38, 08840 Viladecans, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Orthop Belg 74:693-6. 2008
..Surgical treatment by arthroplasty was suggested, but was not accepted by the patient, given her satisfactory functional status...
- Bilateral pathological hip fractures in a patient with a bipulmonary transplant: a case report
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Fundacion Garcia Cugat, Hospital Quiron, Barcelona, Spain
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 17:240-2. 2009
..They should be informed that this side-effect may occur after transplantation...
- Posterior tibial nerve lesions in ankle arthroscopy
Artroscopia G C Clínica del Pilar, C Balmes 271, 08006, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 128:485-7. 2008
..We found one report of intra-articular damage to the posterior tibial nerve as a result of ankle arthroscopy in the English-language literature and we report this paper as a second case described in the literature...