- New modified Achilles tendon allograft for treatment of chronic patellar tendon ruptures following total knee arthroplasty
Department of Orthopedics, Hospital Clinic Barcelona, Universitat de Barcelona, C Villarroel 170, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 134:713-7. 2014
..Patellar tendon rupture is an infrequent but debilitating lesion. Several surgical repairs have been suggested for patellar tendon rupture. Our aim is to propose a modified technique from the classic Achilles allograft procedure...
- Translation and validation of 'The Knee Society Clinical Rating System' into Spanish
Orthopedic Department, Hospital Clinic Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Villarroel St 170, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 21:2618-24. 2013
..The Knee Society Clinical Rating System (KSS) is a questionnaire evaluating knee function itself and the patient's ability to walk and climb stairs. The aim of our study is to present the validated translation of KSS into Spanish...
- Knee arthroplasty and bleeding: when to remove drainages
Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Trauma, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, C Villarroel 170, Traumatologia, escalera 12 4, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 21:393-7. 2013
..We analysed the survival curve of bleeding within three surgical techniques for knee arthroplasty and the effect of two variables on survival curve...
- [Anterior tibial tubercle fracture in teenagers. Clinical cases]
Hospital Quiron, Barcelona
Acta Ortop Mex 26:121-4. 2012
..Anterior tibial tubercle fractures are relatively infrequent and occur mainly in young athletes 14 to 17 years old. Most fractures result from jumping during sports activities...
- Treatment of fractures of the tibial tuberosity in adolescent soccer players
Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Unit, Artroscopia GC Fundación Garcia Cugat, Hospital Quiron, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Orthop Belg 77:78-82. 2011
..The technique used appeared to be safe. Screws were removed in 8 patients owing to local discomfort. All patients achieved the same competition level as before the injury...
- Proximal tibiofibular dislocation associated with fracture of the tibia: a case report
Hospital Quiron, Fundacion Garcia Cugat, Plaza Alfonso Comín 5, Barcelona 08023, Spain
Cases J 2:196. 2009
..We report a case of proximal tibiofibular dislocation associated with an ipsilateral tibial fracture, a rare association of injuries that can remain undiagnosed...
- Biologic enhancement of cartilage repair: the role of platelet-rich plasma and other commercially available growth factors
Division of Medicine and Regenerative Surgery, Garcia Cugat Foundation and CEU Cardenal Herrera University, Valencia, Spain Mutualidad de Futbolistas, Royal Spanish Football Federation, Barcelona, Spain Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine and Trauma, Hospital Quiron Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Electronic address
Arthroscopy 31:777-83. 2015
..Regenerative medicine focuses on the repair, replacement, or regeneration of cells, tissues, or organs to restore impaired function from any cause, including congenital defects, disease, and trauma. ..
- Assessment of gastrocnemius tensiomyographic neuromuscular characteristics as risk factors for anterior cruciate ligament injury in male soccer players
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, Parc de Salut Mar Hospital del Mar and Hospital de l Esperança, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona UAB, Barcelona, Spain
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 23:2502-7. 2015
..The purpose of this study was to investigate the role of the gastrocnemius muscles as neuromuscular risk factors for ACL injury in male soccer players, through tensiomyography (TMG)...
- Patellar Fractures: An Innovative Surgical Technique With Transosseous Suture to Avoid Implant Removal
Mutua Montañesa, MATEPSS 7, Barcelona, Spain
Surg Innov 22:474-8. 2015
..Favorable functional outcomes have been observed, although implant removal is required in many cases due to the prominent wires under the skin. New implants have been sought after to minimize the need for second surgeries...
- Treatment and evolution of grade III acromioclavicular dislocations in soccer players
Mutualidad Catalana de Futbolistas de la Federación Española de Fútbol, Barcelona, Spain
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 21:1633-5. 2013
..To evaluate postoperative functional results in soccer players diagnosed with acute grade III acromioclavicular dislocation, stabilized with clavicular hook plate...
- Platelet-rich plasma for calcific tendinitis of the shoulder: a case report
Fundacion Garcia Cugat, Hospital Quiron, Barcelona, Spain
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 20:126-30. 2012
..At the one-year follow-up, the patient was pain-free and had complete resolution of calcific tendinitis. The patient had regained full range of movement and had resumed all her activities...
- Clinical outcomes of trochanteric syndrome endoscopically treated
Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 135:89-94. 2015
..Most cases of GTPS are resolved with conservative treatment. Surgical techniques are reserved for those who had unsatisfactory results with conservative treatment...
- Proximal disinsertion of the common extensor tendon for lateral elbow tendinopathy
Fundacion García Cugat Hospital Quiron Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 21:100-2. 2013
..To evaluate surgical outcomes of disinsertion of the common extensor tendon for lateral elbow tendinopathy...
- Infiltration of plasma rich in growth factors for osteoarthritis of the knee short-term effects on function and quality of life
Regenerative Medicine Department, Fundacion Garcia Cugat, Hospital Quiron Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 131:311-7. 2011
..Alternative and co-adjuvant therapies to improve the quality of life and physical function of affected patients are currently being sought...
- Bleeding in Knee Arthroplasty: Age, Drained Volume, and Ischemia Time
Orthopedic Department, Hospital Clinic Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Knee Surg 28:329-34. 2015
..In conclusion, there is a significant relationship between drained volume and time (24 hours). No relationship was found between age or ischemia time and drained volume. ..
- Healing of donor site in bone-tendon-bone ACL reconstruction accelerated with plasma rich in growth factors: a randomized clinical trial
Orthopaedic Surgery, Artroscopia G C, Fundacion Garcia Cugat, Hospital Quiron Barcelona, Pza Alfonso Comín 5 7, 08023, Barcelona, Spain
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 23:991-7. 2015
..The use of the patellar graft presents post-operative problems such as anterior knee pain, which limits its use and leads to preference being taken for alternative grafts...
- Multicentric liposarcoma
Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Orthop Belg 77:9-14. 2011
..Illustrative cases of multicentric liposarcoma from our Institution are presented...
- [Manipulation and preparation of Achilles allograft for reconstruction of anterior and posterior cruciate ligament]
Fundacion Garcia Cugat, Instituto de Traumatología Quirón, Hospital Quiron, Barcelona, Espana
Enferm Clin 20:305-8. 2010
..According to NIC the operations than can be performed by nursing are: * Surgical care...
- Delayed union of the clavicle treated with plasma rich in growth factors
Hospital Quiron, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Orthop Belg 76:689-93. 2010
..The patient regained complete mobility of the shoulder without pain. Currently she is able to carry out all the normal life activities and experiences no pain...
- Return to recreational sports activity after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a one- to six-year follow-up study
Juan M Rodríguez-Roiz
Knee Unit, Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery Department, Hospital Clinic Barcelona, C Villarroel 170, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 135:1117-22. 2015
..The aim of this study was to evaluate mid-term return to recreational sport in general population and identify factors related with sports return...
- Validation of the Spanish version of the Hip Outcome Score: a multicenter study
Artroscopia GC Fundación Garcia Cugat, Hospital Quirón Barcelona Spain, Pza, Alfonso Comín 5 7 Planta 1, 08023 Barcelona, Spain
Health Qual Life Outcomes 12:70. 2014
..The aim of the present study is to translate and validate HOS into Spanish...
- Massive psoas haematoma causing lumbar plexus palsy: a case report
Department of Traumatology and Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital Municipal de Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 20:94-7. 2012
..The patient died 2 months later due to his concurrent medical problems. A high degree of suspicion is needed for the diagnosis because of the insidiously developing neurological deficit...
- Oncogenic osteomalacia: two case reports with surprisingly different outcomes
Fundacion Garcia Cugat Hospital Quiron, Cirugía Ortopédica y Traumatología, Planta 1, Pza Alfonso Comín 5 7, Barcelona 08023, Spain
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 129:533-9. 2009
..If scintigraphy of the tumor shows octreotide receptors, patients may respond partially to therapy with somatostatin analogs, with stabilization of the lesion...
- Avascular necrosis of the metacarpal head: Dieterich's disease
Hospital de Viladecans, Traumatologia 2a planta, Av de Gavà 38, 08840 Viladecans, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Orthop Belg 74:693-6. 2008
..Surgical treatment by arthroplasty was suggested, but was not accepted by the patient, given her satisfactory functional status...
- Transcultural adaptation and validation of the "Hip and Knee" questionnaire into Spanish
Orthopedic Department, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Passeig de la Vall d Hebron, 119 129, Barcelona 08035, Spain
Health Qual Life Outcomes 12:76. 2014
..The 'Hip and Knee Outcomes Questionnaire is a questionnaire planned to evaluate the impact in quality of life of any problem related to the human musculoskeletal system. 10 scientific associations developed it...
- Bilateral pathological hip fractures in a patient with a bipulmonary transplant: a case report
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Fundacion Garcia Cugat, Hospital Quiron, Barcelona, Spain
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 17:240-2. 2009
..They should be informed that this side-effect may occur after transplantation...
- Posterior tibial nerve lesions in ankle arthroscopy
Artroscopia G C Clínica del Pilar, C Balmes 271, 08006, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 128:485-7. 2008
..We found one report of intra-articular damage to the posterior tibial nerve as a result of ankle arthroscopy in the English-language literature and we report this paper as a second case described in the literature...