- [Anterior tibial tubercle fracture in teenagers. Clinical cases]
Hospital Quiron, Barcelona
Acta Ortop Mex 26:121-4. 2012
..Anterior tibial tubercle fractures are relatively infrequent and occur mainly in young athletes 14 to 17 years old. Most fractures result from jumping during sports activities...
- Knee arthroplasty and bleeding: when to remove drainages
Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Trauma, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, C Villarroel 170, Traumatologia, escalera 12 4, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 21:393-7. 2013
..We analysed the survival curve of bleeding within three surgical techniques for knee arthroplasty and the effect of two variables on survival curve...
- Treatment of fractures of the tibial tuberosity in adolescent soccer players
Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Unit, Artroscopia GC Fundación Garcia Cugat, Hospital Quiron, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Orthop Belg 77:78-82. 2011
..The technique used appeared to be safe. Screws were removed in 8 patients owing to local discomfort. All patients achieved the same competition level as before the injury...
- Proximal tibiofibular dislocation associated with fracture of the tibia: a case report
Hospital Quiron, Fundacion Garcia Cugat, Plaza Alfonso Comín 5, Barcelona 08023, Spain
Cases J 2:196. 2009
..We report a case of proximal tibiofibular dislocation associated with an ipsilateral tibial fracture, a rare association of injuries that can remain undiagnosed...
- Platelet-rich plasma for calcific tendinitis of the shoulder: a case report
Fundacion Garcia Cugat, Hospital Quiron, Barcelona, Spain
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 20:126-30. 2012
..At the one-year follow-up, the patient was pain-free and had complete resolution of calcific tendinitis. The patient had regained full range of movement and had resumed all her activities...
- Treatment and evolution of grade III acromioclavicular dislocations in soccer players
Mutualidad Catalana de Futbolistas de la Federación Española de Fútbol, Barcelona, Spain
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 21:1633-5. 2013
..To evaluate postoperative functional results in soccer players diagnosed with acute grade III acromioclavicular dislocation, stabilized with clavicular hook plate...
- Infiltration of plasma rich in growth factors for osteoarthritis of the knee short-term effects on function and quality of life
Regenerative Medicine Department, Fundacion Garcia Cugat, Hospital Quiron Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 131:311-7. 2011
..Alternative and co-adjuvant therapies to improve the quality of life and physical function of affected patients are currently being sought...
- Proximal disinsertion of the common extensor tendon for lateral elbow tendinopathy
Fundacion García Cugat Hospital Quiron Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 21:100-2. 2013
..To evaluate surgical outcomes of disinsertion of the common extensor tendon for lateral elbow tendinopathy...
- Multicentric liposarcoma
Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Orthop Belg 77:9-14. 2011
..Illustrative cases of multicentric liposarcoma from our Institution are presented...
- Delayed union of the clavicle treated with plasma rich in growth factors
Hospital Quiron, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Orthop Belg 76:689-93. 2010
..The patient regained complete mobility of the shoulder without pain. Currently she is able to carry out all the normal life activities and experiences no pain...
- [Manipulation and preparation of Achilles allograft for reconstruction of anterior and posterior cruciate ligament]
Fundacion Garcia Cugat, Instituto de Traumatología Quirón, Hospital Quiron, Barcelona, Espana
Enferm Clin 20:305-8. 2010
..Definition: Assisting the surgeon in the operative procedure on the part of/the instrumentalist. * Surgical precautions. Definition: minimize the possibility of iatrogenic injury to the patient involved in a surgical procedure...
- Massive psoas haematoma causing lumbar plexus palsy: a case report
Department of Traumatology and Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital Municipal de Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 20:94-7. 2012
..The patient died 2 months later due to his concurrent medical problems. A high degree of suspicion is needed for the diagnosis because of the insidiously developing neurological deficit...
- Oncogenic osteomalacia: two case reports with surprisingly different outcomes
Fundacion Garcia Cugat Hospital Quiron, Cirugía Ortopédica y Traumatología, Planta 1, Pza Alfonso Comín 5 7, Barcelona 08023, Spain
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 129:533-9. 2009
..If scintigraphy of the tumor shows octreotide receptors, patients may respond partially to therapy with somatostatin analogs, with stabilization of the lesion...
- Avascular necrosis of the metacarpal head: Dieterich's disease
Hospital de Viladecans, Traumatologia 2a planta, Av de Gavà 38, 08840 Viladecans, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Orthop Belg 74:693-6. 2008
..Surgical treatment by arthroplasty was suggested, but was not accepted by the patient, given her satisfactory functional status...
- Bilateral pathological hip fractures in a patient with a bipulmonary transplant: a case report
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Fundacion Garcia Cugat, Hospital Quiron, Barcelona, Spain
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 17:240-2. 2009
..They should be informed that this side-effect may occur after transplantation...
- Posterior tibial nerve lesions in ankle arthroscopy
Artroscopia G C Clínica del Pilar, C Balmes 271, 08006, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 128:485-7. 2008
..We found one report of intra-articular damage to the posterior tibial nerve as a result of ankle arthroscopy in the English-language literature and we report this paper as a second case described in the literature...