- Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob [corrected] disease: the second case in Portugal and in the same geographical region
Neurology Department, Hospital de São Marcos, Braga, Portugal
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 79:180-2. 2008
..This is the second case in Portugal in a 2-year period and 20 km apart from each other, with no known common exposure apart from ingestion of cow meat. We discuss these case peculiarities and underline its epidemiological significance...
- Serum leptin levels in overweight children and adolescents
Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Unit, Paediatric Department, S Marcos Hospital, Braga, Portugal
Br J Nutr 101:1262-6. 2009
..In this large cohort other associations with leptin described in the literature can be discharged...
- G2P the most prevalent rotavirus genotype in 2007 winter season in an European non-vaccinated population
Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Unit, Pediatrics Department, S Marcos Hospital, Braga, Portugal
J Clin Virol 45:76-8. 2009
..Recently, a high prevalence of G2P rotavirus (RV) infection was reported from Brazil, and linked with the universal RV vaccination programme that used the G1P live oral RV vaccine...
- Etiology of bronchiolitis in a hospitalized pediatric population: prospective multicenter study
Pediatrics Department, Braga Hospital, 4701 965 Braga, Portugal
J Clin Virol 48:134-6. 2010
..In 2006, bronchiolitis due to adenovirus nosocomial infections resulted in the closure of a pediatric department in northern Portugal...
- Immune disease expressed in liver and platelets in an adolescent: a case report
Adolescents Unit and Gastrenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Unit, Pediatrics Department, Braga Hospital, and Life and Health Sciences Research Institute, School of Health Sciences, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
Ital J Pediatr 36:42. 2010
..The authors alert for this atypical presentation of autoimmune hepatitis and associated immune thrombocytopenia...
- A novel de novo deletion of chromosome 7 [46,XX,del(7)(p14.2 p15.1)] in a child with feeding problems
Pediatric Gastroenterology Unit, Braga Hospital, Portugal
Gene 503:152-4. 2012
..This is the first case report of a patient with this de novo small interstitial deletion on chromosome 7. This rare chromosomal abnormality was associated with severe feeding problems in the first years of life...
- [Smoking prevalence in Portuguese school-aged adolescents by gender: can we be optimistic?]
Instituto de Educação Universidade do Minho, Braga, Portugal
Rev Port Pneumol 18:182-7. 2012
..According to the MPOWER approach adopted in 2008 by the WHO, monitoring smoking epidemics is necessary in order to assess the effectiveness of the preventive measures used in smoking control in adolescents and adults...